need a little help

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
had my dish installed last september. i beleive i have the 825 (single hd non dvr) and the 411 (dual non hd w/ dvr)

im thinking about upgrading ro the 211 or the 611. are there any specials for me?

was going to go from america 180 w/ hd pak to the hdgold.
is it worth it?

i dont know alot about this stuff and need all the help i can get

thanks

im not at home so im not 100% sure on those numbers.

its what they offered last year

"i beleive i have the 825 (single hd non dvr) and the 411 (dual non hd w/ dvr)"

I think it's a 625 (dual non hd dvr) and 811 (single hd non dvr). You could swap the 811 with a 211 for $49.99. You will have to move to the HD Gold Package anyways. The difference is $10.00 and you get the Voom channels + ESPN2 and Universal in the HD package.

RandallA said:
"i beleive i have the 825 (single hd non dvr) and the 411 (dual non hd w/ dvr)"

I think it's a 625 (dual non hd dvr) and 811 (single hd non dvr). You could swap the 811 with a 211 for $49.99. You will have to move to the HD Gold Package anyways. The difference is $10.00 and you get the Voom channels + ESPN2 and Universal in the HD package.

yep i think your right on those numbers, ive been searching but couldnt come up with much.

dtv is telling me i need a second dish. my superdish wont pick up all the new stuff? so i will have 2 dishes. is this right?

mdram said:
dtv is telling me i need a second dish. my superdish wont pick up all the new stuff? so i will have 2 dishes. is this right?
I assume you mean "E*" (EchoStar or DishNetwork). Most of the non-HD stuff and your SD locals are on sat locations 110 and 119 and a lot of the national HD content is at 61.5 and mirrored at 129. A single Dish 1000 with its 3 LNBs could pick up 110, 119, and 129, but you might be in the "marginal area" for the 129 in which case you'd be better off with one dish for 110 and 119 and a separate dish for the 61.5. Part of your answer, tho', is where your HD locals will come from if they're not available already. You might want to get your local HDs off sat in which case your set-up will need to include that one as well. Provide your zip code which can tell us what your DMA is and we can answer that last question...

zip is 21853

so far i can get nbc and fox via distant network, still working on the wavers, and possible signal strength test per SHVIA for abc and cbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)