Need a new remote? Check out woot today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
Woot® : One Day, One Deal

The Acoustic Research ARRX18G is DirecTV HR-series RF friendly, and can use that same RF to control your other devices as an add-on.

At $40 shipped, this is a steal!

Are you absolutely sure it can control the D* receivers directly via RF? If so, where is it listed? I don't see anything on the woot page or in the manual that suggests that. Only that there is an RF module sold separately.

I have an 880 which i like but i'm interested in the remotes RF capabilities. oh and the price :D
i like how its similar to directv's remote with the colored buttons. this remote used to be much more so it shouldn't be of poor quality

dang! one negative for me here is that it doesn't remember the state (on or off or what input)your equipment is in like the harmony.

dang! one negative for me here is that it doesn't remember the state (on or off or what input)your equipment is in like the harmony.

True, but according the the review that Chip posted, it does support discrete codes. Assuming your hardware does too, the remote wouldn't need to remember the state it's in.

Well, mine will control TV, Directv, Roku, BD player, Stereo receiver, CD changer, tape deck (yes I still have one, but it's mostly to take up space in my cabinet :D), XM radio, and AudioTron streamer. So that's 9.. Dunno what the hell else people could have to take up the other 9! :D

Several of the reviews gave it a thumbs-down for the software. But, at $40, what the heck. On the r.f. part, you have to buy the extender unit (emitter) to use it to control devices that are in a closet, other room, etc. My bet is that it doesn't won't talk to an HR24

Several of the reviews gave it a thumbs-down for the software. But, at $40, what the heck. On the r.f. part, you have to buy the extender unit (emitter) to use it to control devices that are in a closet, other room, etc. My bet is that it doesn't won't talk to an HR24

Well if it won't it's going right back. Not going to leave that door of the cabinet open. But the reviews say it does, so we'll see..

Are you referring to the interactive setup of the remote with the HR24? If so, that may be right, but that's only a minor inconvenience.

Well, mine will control TV, Directv, Roku, BD player, Stereo receiver, CD changer, tape deck (yes I still have one, but it's mostly to take up space in my cabinet :D), XM radio, and AudioTron streamer. So that's 9.. Dunno what the hell else people could have to take up the other 9! :D

2 Tvs, 2 DTV Receivers, Sling Catcher, DVD, Apple TV, Roku, A/V Switch, Denon Receiver. That's 10 (that I can remember off the top of my head)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts