Need a new remote? Check out woot today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay, this is really weird! The remote for my HR24 is flipped! It stopped controlling my Yamaha RXV1900 and my Mits 65732. I tried to reprogram it, but it won't recognize either of them! I think it knows I'm replacing it and it's going on strike!

According to the woot forum nobodys has shipped yet. They do say within 5 business days though so that would technically be Monday.

Last edited:
Is woot always this slow in shipping? Mine hasn't shipped either.

It's my first Woot, so I can only go by their website, which says they normally ship in five business days. That would be by Monday.

I placed my order with woot on Monday, August 1. I received an email from woot with a tracking number from fedex late Friday. The package is shipping from Dallas Texas via fedex smartpost with a shipping date of August 5 and an estimated delivery date of August 15. I live in Niagara Falls NY, so if you are closer to Dallas, you should get your package sooner.

Here is an explanation of Fedex smartpost, "When it comes to low-weight shipping for residential customers, consider the efficient, economical FedEx SmartPost service. By utilizing the United States Postal Service® (USPS) for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO and FPO destinations.".

Hope no one is in a big hurry for the new remote............................

Ugh, Smartpost. Last thing I ordered that shipped that way wound up taking 4 extra days. It was FedEx'ed (ground - took 3 days) from California to the Denver hub (4 hours from me), then it took 4 more days after they handed it off to the post office, because it's treated as Parcel Post, not priority. It's a friggin joke. 4 days to go 200 miles, when Fedex got it 1500 miles in 3 days.

What really gets me is that ANY FedEx service is more expensive than Priority Mail, which is 2-3 days to anywhere in the CONUS, with flat rate boxes available.

Last edited:
[QUOTE
What really gets me is that ANY FedEx service is more expensive than Priority Mail, which is 2-3 days to anywhere in the CONUS, with flat rate boxes available.[/QUOTE]

May be why FedEx is making money while USPS is reporting record defecits.

May be why FedEx is making money while USPS is reporting record defecits.

Actually, that has more to do with redundant infrastructure and first class mail. If USPS only did Priority/Express type mail services, they could close 95% of their offices and cut 95% of their staff and turn a profit.

There is a big difference between delivering 100 packages into an area of 5000 homes in a day vs. actually having to go to all 5000 homes, every day.

The reason Fedex does smartpost, is for that very reason. They deliver the package to central location and USPS then takes all those packages out to the thousands of homes in an area. If there was no USPS, there would be no smartpost (or at least not at a rock bottom price.)

USPS is a service. Not a business...

Actually, that has more to do with redundant infrastructure and first class mail. If USPS only did Priority/Express type mail services, they could close 95% of their offices and cut 95% of their staff and turn a profit.

There is a big difference between delivering 100 packages into an area of 5000 homes in a day vs. actually having to go to all 5000 homes, every day.

The reason Fedex does smartpost, is for that very reason. They deliver the package to central location and USPS then takes all those packages out to the thousands of homes in an area. If there was no USPS, there would be no smartpost (or at least not at a rock bottom price.)

USPS is a service. Not a business...

Well said!

USPS is a government operation. Not a business...

There, fixed that for ya. It's in the ball of sh*t that it's in now because it utilizes overpaid underworked government employees who make way more than their private sector counterparts. Couple years ago people started complaining about slow service and long lines at the counters.. Their solution? They removed all the clocks that were in view of the public.

The post office needs to be privatized and run like a damn business, pronto. Otherwise it's just another in the vast empire of bottomless holes that our tax dollars (PLUS what we spend on postage) get thrown into.

There, fixed that for ya. It's in the ball of sh*t that it's in now because it utilizes overpaid underworked government employees who make way more than their private sector counterparts. Couple years ago people started complaining about slow service and long lines at the counters.. Their solution? They removed all the clocks that were in view of the public.

The post office needs to be privatized and run like a damn business, pronto. Otherwise it's just another in the vast empire of bottomless holes that our tax dollars (PLUS what we spend on postage) get thrown into.

Sorry Matt, but you are clueless here. The Postal Service doesn't get tax dollars. The workers are well paid, but they should be, it's not an easy job. There are many parts of it that you have no idea about. Believe me, I know. If they got rid of 90% of the middle management, it would run better and save millions of dollars per year.

The post office needs to be privatized and run like a damn business, pronto.

You are missing the point. If the post office was privatized, they'd get rid of regular mail service as it is the least profitable area of their operation (e.g. They could focus on the higher end, more profitable Fedex/UPS/DHL market.)

So, what you are in effect saying is that you'd like a world where when you want to send a birthday card, instead of affixing a stamp and putting it in your mailbox, you'd rather drive to the local Fedex office and pay $10 to have 7 day ground delivery? Lol. Hopefully you don't send a lot of birthday cards!

You are missing the point. If the post office was privatized, they'd get rid of regular mail service as it is the least profitable area of their operation (e.g. They could focus on the higher end, more profitable Fedex/UPS/DHL market.)

So, what you are in effect saying is that you'd like a world where when you want to send a birthday card, instead of affixing a stamp and putting it in your mailbox, you'd rather drive to the local Fedex office and pay $10 to have 7 day ground delivery? Lol. Hopefully you don't send a lot of birthday cards!

Guess you never heard of Royal Mail, huh?

Sorry Matt, but you are clueless here. The Postal Service doesn't get tax dollars. The workers are well paid, but they should be, it's not an easy job. There are many parts of it that you have no idea about. Believe me, I know. If they got rid of 90% of the middle management, it would run better and save millions of dollars per year.

How about the bailouts theyve gotten to pay the lucrative retirement plans that they can't afford (in true government job fashion)? And there's another one coming this year, guaranteed. Not an easy job, huh? I'd love to get paid $28 an hour plus benefits to sit on my ass all day and run a register. Or $32.50 an hour to push sort carts around. I know several people who have postal jobs, I know how it works. The only people who deserve their pay are the walk-route carriers because yes, their job sucks 6 or more months out of the year.. If you can do 98% of your job sitting on your ass driving around from 10-3 6 days a week (soon to be 5, since they want to drop saturday), then you don't deserve that kind of pay.

Last edited:
How about the bailouts theyve gotten to pay the lucrative retirement plans that they can't afford (in true government job fashion)? And there's another one coming this year, guaranteed. Not an easy job, huh? I'd love to get paid $28 an hour plus benefits to sit on my ass all day and run a register. Or $32.50 an hour to push sort carts around. I know several people who have postal jobs, I know how it works. The only people who deserve their pay are the walk-route carriers because yes, their job sucks 6 or more months out of the year.. If you can do 98% of your job sitting on your ass driving around from 10-3 6 days a week (soon to be 5, since they want to drop saturday), then you don't deserve that kind of pay.

What bailouts to pay what lucrative retirement plans? I was a carrier for over 28 years. I walked for most of it, in CT, in the summer and winter. You sound like the typical complainer that thinks he knows what he is talking about, but has absolutely no idea at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)