Need a reliable Joey (new or used) for a seldom used TV.

Dish allows purchased equipment to be bought and sold fairly freely. As lucky86 mentioned, you can verify this before buying. Many sellers actually include the receiver ID and smart card # in the listing. If a seller won't provide it (privately), don't buy it, even if it's really cheap, and you're thinking "I'll take the chance". ;)

Here's one for $55. Claims that it's brand new (and they are a retailer/reseller).

If he is a retailer I wonder if he is going out of business and trying to sell of his stock. He's only making $6 on that Joey if it's new. Not only that but it's against the retailer contract with Dish to sell receivers on ebay. If he gets caught by Dish he'll be in trouble.

He's only making $6 on that Joey if it's new.
He's also selling Hoppers, 211z, 625, Sling Adapters, etc and in many cases, he's got 4, 6, 10 of the different ones.

Maybe he was a dealer and has no use for the items now ? I guess Dish retailers don't sell these on consignment for Dish ? :D

I haven't looked seriously yet until I understand if they are registered with Dish like the regular receivers... apparently they are.
$55-60 is a common price on eBay. Dish Depot is selling brand-new units, which you can be 100% certain are "legit" and free and clear, for around $80. I thought they were almost 2x that normally.

Because you can shut it off anytime you'd like and have it turned on for the occasional time you'd like to use it. You can't do that with a leased receiver....

I bought two new Joeys from Amazon and returned the leased ones to Dish. This way I do not activate the guest bedroom Joeys except when we have overnight visitors. Saving $14 each month soon pays for the new Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)