Need Advice / Comments re Wiring Connections Diagram for 12 Foot Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Dug the 60 Foot Trench from the Dish in the backyard, to the House today for placement of Gabshere's sturdy Satellite Ribbon Cable to connect everything up. I have drawn up a diagram to try and simplify things by eliminating the Splitters from my previous drawing - since most of the time the lower receiver will be in control of the Satellite Channel Selecting.

Also I'm hoping when I get to Aligning the Big Dish and Actuator that I can leave the Uniden Receiver in the House (still connected to the Ribbon Cable) and just bring out the ViewSat Receiver & small TV Set to the Dish and temporarily Connect to the Coa:mad:s) off the LNB(s) in the same way as I do for my 1 meter Fortec Star Dish on the Roof.

My question is[:/B] - will the drawing setup work where I am using the Uniden 9900P power supply to control the Actuator to move the Dish via 5 wires (one for ground). And the 3 Polarization wires to the Uniden 9900 Receiver if I ever would need to use them. I am assuming that for Analog C Band Feeds - I would Disconnect the C Band Coax to the ViewSat Receiver and connect it to the Coax Connector on the Back of the Uniden 9900 Receiver. Will this work? See attachment. Any replies would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Wiring Connections for 12 Foot Dish.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 563
I am assuming that for Analog C Band Feeds - I would Disconnect the C Band Coax to the ViewSat Receiver and connect it to the Coax Connector on the Back of the Uniden 9900 Receiver. Will this work? See attachment. Any replies would be very much appreciated.

You could use 2 high frequency splitters and have both receivers always connected to both C & Ku band. I think the Uniden has both C & Ku inputs so you could use it to power both LNBs.

Need Advice / Comments re Wiring Connections Diagram for 12 Foot Dish

You could use 2 high frequency splitters and have both receivers always connected to both C & Ku band. I think the Uniden has both C & Ku inputs so you could use it to power both LNBs.

Thanks a lot for the reply Lynskyn. I had previously thought that if you use 2 Satellite Receivers connected to BOTH C & KU Band with high frequency Splitters then - one of the Satellite Receivers had to be DC Blocked. See my previous drawing attached. So how would your suggestion work?

Attachments

• Connecting Uniden and ViewSat Receivers for C and Ku Band to BUD Dish.doc
    127 KB · Views: 235
A DC Block is a good idea, but most splitters come with either an All Port Power Pass (you will need a DC Block with these) or you can get a One Port Power Pass (you won't need a DC Bock for these as they are already built into the splitter).

Al

Thanks a lot for the reply Lynskyn. I had previously thought that if you use 2 Satellite Receivers connected to BOTH C & KU Band with high frequency Splitters then - one of the Satellite Receivers had to be DC Blocked. See my previous drawing attached. So how would your suggestion work?

Just get two 2-way HFS splitters with one port power pass and connect the power passing sides to the Uniden box. The power pass side is usually indicated by a line from the "in" to one of the outs on the splitter.

http://www.picomacom.com/specs/HFS2150.pdf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)