Need advice on buying second receiver

sync

Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
I have a 301 receiver connected to a legacy 500 twin LNBF. It's my understanding that hooking up a second cable to the LNBF will enable me to add a second receiver.

I want to get the receiver off eBay to save money. I'm not familiar with which models are suitable. I assume that the 301 and 311 would work. I also want to avoid any models that cause problems in a Tivo/DVD recorder setup.

Always insist on getting the receiver and smart card serial numbers from any seller, then check with Dish to ensure (a) The seller can really sell it (not leased), and (b) The receiver does not have a balance (from PPVs, etc.). Some sellers will claim that's too much trouble. Run!

Another note, also make sure that the seller has "released" the receiver from the account. I bought a receiver that was clean of charges, but the seller only deactivated it, it was still on the account and I couldn't activate it on mine. Took another day to get the receiver cleared so I could activate it.

Thanks for the great advice. Is there any significant difference between the 301 and 311 that I should know about?

I'm seeing a lot of 301 receivers on eBay that say 'ROM 10 Rev A23'. Is that something that hackers are looking for?

Does it matter if I get a receiver with a blue card or does it have to be yellow?

You can still activate most receivers with blue cards DISH should update blue cards on active accounts for free. 6000 are the only receiver I know of that needs a yellow card to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)