Need advice on HR24-500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jh059945 said:
the tech needs the code to close the service call and get paid. which means he isn't going to issue a reciever without it. it pays nothing , and without the code and he cant "give" u the receiver without it. if he calls dtv to get the exemption they r going to question u or whoever and suck up hes "free" time for nothing. plus they will deactivate all your rec's and ....... it's just a big hassle. more for the tech that isn't getting paid to "stand" there and argue on the phone. like i said 15 min's and i leave. if that.

I don't know who you're calling, Is a pain to deal with but not like this. They won't deactivate the receivers just because you ask for a waiver because the receiver isn't at the location. As for it dropping a new IV retest on another receiver, that won't happen either. The signals have to be over 86 in MOST parts of the US. More like 90 or higher. 88 will pass sometimes. A service swap does not add any time on to your contract. Sounds to me you need to figure out how Directv works before telling somebody that Directv will do this and that. Also, the HDDVR is going to be the one with the IV retest on it. If you have several it will be the newest activated on the account. If you only have HD's it'll be the newest as well UNLESS you have an R22 on the account then it will get it over the stand alone HD's

Well, I didn't know that my thread had led to more discussion.

Anyways, it seems that Directv is not budging as far as having to send a service technician out, even though it is certain that my HR24-500's Tuner1 is dead. All the CSR's that I talked to said that because I am getting an error 771 "Acquiring Satellite Signal" message, their system only allows them to schedule a service call and they cannot do a receiver swap :(

The last CSR I spoke to even went as far as to say that she would guarantee that the technician could fix my Tuner1 problem by fixing my cabling issue. How the heck is that even possible when I am pulling in signal strengths in the 90's on the outlet that the HR24-500 is plugged into. And YES, I've already plugged it in everywhere else as well as plugged other receivers in the house into the outlet in question!

I feel like just returning this receiver (my expense) and have them deactivate it for good. Is that even possible? Will they turn around and charge me for the damaged unit? Does anyone know an address where I can return it to?

I doubt you would get charged for the unit. I don't know where they get sent back to. Sorry.

Bump.......just wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone knew of a Directv address where I can send this bad receiver to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)