Need advice on "moving"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pyper

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
New York
Hey everyone,

I need some help. I live on Long Island (NY) and want to get the local channels for Connecticut. Exactly what do I need to do?

Is it as simple as just picking some random address in Connecticut using google maps or do I need a relative there to verify it in some way.

I'd like to keep the bill address the same and only change the "physical address".....is this possible.

Please walk me through the process. Thanks for your assistance.

P.S.
Second question.....Once I do this (if I can), Can I just keep it like that or is there some reason why I should switch it back soon after the game? I don't care about local channels, as I worked out free basic cable within my internet and phone setup.

This is what you need to do.

1. Find an address that is in Connecticut but not in Fairfield County as that is part of the New York DMA. Best way of getting an address, from what I've found is find a neighborhood that has house addresses that skip (i.e. 12 Elm St then 15 Elm St., pick 13 or 14 Elm Street, where a house isn't sitting there.). You do not need relatives.

2. Pick paperless billing then you don't have to worry about bills going to a nonexistant address. Pay the bills online.

3. Call Directv and tell them you have moved, your equipment is installed already, and you just need the service address changed.

Before I saw your second question, I was gonna ask if you lived near the North Shore because normally North Shore residents can get WFSB, WTNH, and others on an antenna but since you have basic cable, there should be no problem and no reason to "move" your address back unless you have equipment issues. Most of New Haven County gets WNBC, WCBS, and WNYW as significantly viewed stations to go with the Hartford stations but they are only in Standard Def. And the eastern part of Connecticut is eligible to get the CBS stations out of Boston and Providence (WBZ and WPRI). This is good if you watch the NFL and would like to see a different NFL game every week if you don't have Sunday Ticket.

Here is a link to signifcantly viewed locals by zip code.
DIRECTV: Neighboring Local Channels

Just to add to "jerseyfla's" reply, You don't need paperless billing as bills & Access Magazines are sent to your billing address. "People" I know get their bills and mags just fine even though they have "moved" their service address.

FWIW, you could pick an apt. complex that has 20 units and setup "service" in apt 22! That way you would know no one else would have that addy and you'd be good to go. Just make sure to keep your billing address correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts