Need Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mary Jane

Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Hi - I'm a new member. I need some advice. Today I received the Hello Kitty TV that I ordered new online. I connected it to the DishNet satellite cable and did the setup to program the channels. It's on the correct channel to receive a signal but nothing is happening. I don't know if this is relevant but there was no rabbit ears antenna with this TV (I read on another forum that Hello Kitty TV's have an antenna). Is this TV compatible with Dish Network? Am I doing something wrong? I need help ASAP. Thanks! ~ Mary Jane

You say you connected it to the Dish satellite cable, what cable is that? All TV's need to be connected to a Dish satellite receiver, the TV then connects to that.

I have the DishNet satellite dish on my roof. They offered a special deal with the receiver, a DVR and four rooms connected to the system. I already had three flatscreen TV's and they are connected by to the DishNet cables they installed in the various rooms. Now I have this Hello Kitty TV for the fourth cable connection but it's not picking up the signal. As I mentioned previously, when I connected a small flatscreen TV to this cable it worked fine so it's not the connection. I'm wondering if I'm not doing something right with this Hello Kitty TV or is it incompatible with DishNet. I read on the box that in Feb. 2009 this TV will need a converter box. ~ Mary Jane

I tried it on cable - I tried it on air. Neither one gets a signal. When I brought the small flatscreen TV in and connected it to this cable it worked fine on channel 60. The installers for DishNet said two rooms would need channel 60 to connect to the receiver and two rooms would need channel 3 to connect to it. I tried channel 60 for Hello Kitty TV and it just goes back to channel 6 (won't read the 0 ). I tried it manually and on the hand remote. I'm rather frustrated and I don't know what else to do.

Dunno if this'll help but some TV's need to "scan" for channels before they'll allow you to select a channel to view. Look in the TV's manual and try to perform a channel scan. If your flatscreen worked on ch.60 at that connection your "Kitty" should as well. You won't need a convertor to view TV via satellite or cable TV next Feb. Only to view via antenna. Hope this helps, GOOD LUCK!

Ed

You need to make sure it is set to air and not to cable and then do an auto program and it should pick up channel 60 and work just fine.

Electronics equipment is not supposed to be "cute" :D

The Hello Kitty TV is pink I bet. Pink TVs probably have trouble getting channel 60.

just kidding :)

The fact that the TV won't go to channel 60 tells me that it is already set to air. I'm thinking if the OP changes both the TV and the receiver's modulated output to cable, it would work. After JH1949 posted the link, I'm sure I have hooked up a few of these for TV-2.

Thank you all ~ I followed the troubleshooting directions on the link you've provided and she's in business!!! My nieces and nephews will be thrilled at their next visit to find a Hello Kitty TV of their own. Have a good one....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts