Need Advise for OTA Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am sure you are right about back-to-back. However, I've read about installations in the AVS forum that used 2 identical antennas (bay type) with a splitter/combiner with good success. It could also be that weren't co-located.

Notice those that are doing it and area successful *usually* have equipment and experience building arrays. Notice also how many failures there are. Also some of the less experienced folks having success are A.) copying the success of the experienced ones and/or B.) being heavily coached by the experienced folks.

It really isn't a slap-'em-together proposition. What you're essentially doing is taking a primarily unidirectional antenna and duplicating/assembling a multidirectional (note: not OMNI-directional) array.

Can it be done?.....Absolutely.

Can "anyone" do it? .... probably not with any kind of high degree of success.

You can COPY someone else's success exactly and STILL get smoked by a nearby tree (that YOU have, but that THEY didn't) that puts ONE antenna slightly out of phase.

If you have a few bucks and want to try it... more power to ya. You might find a sweet spot relatively quickly. Or you could waste a lot of time and still not have what you want. :)

sorry.... I honestly don't mean to pee in anyone's cheerios. But if I were a betting man and we're talking about an inexperienced person (to building antenna arrays) being successful at this by chance and luck. My money would be on failure (sorry).

If they READ about this and buy (or borrow) some proper measuring equipment, then I think it's a lot more likely they'll have success and I'd change my bet :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)