Need an advertisement translated - Deutsch (?)

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Can anyone translate this? It appears to possibly be in German.

Die neue AZBox Premium Plus mit Twin Tuner Betrieb wird ab 01.12.2009 ausgeliefert.

Jetzige und auch die in Zukunft folgende Software ist mit allen Modellen kompaktible.

Wireless Tastatur funktioniert selbstverständlich auch an allen Modellen.

Vom Austausch sind nur die AZBox HD Premium betroffen die vor dem 18.11.2009 gekauft worden sind.

Thank you

RADAR

You can use babilfish, just copy and paste unless it is a image file. If you google you should find a site that will take the pictures and all and create a German to English translation in HTML>

It's German, not Dutch.
It's for the new AZBox "Premium +", all new hardware for true dual tuner, so they say. :)
++++++++++++++++++
The new AZBox Premium plus with twin Tuner enterprise is delivered starting from 01.12.2009. Current one and also in the future following software are kompaktible with all models. Wireless keyboard functions naturally also at all models. From the exchange only the AZBox hp Premium was bought before that the 18.11.2009 is concerned.
++++++++++++++++++

The new AZBox Premium Plus with twin tuner will be released December 1st 2009
(Die neue AZBox Premium Plus mit Twin Tuner Betrieb wird ab 01.12.2009 ausgeliefert.)

Present and future releases of the software will be compatible with all models
(Jetzige und auch die in Zukunft folgende Software ist mit allen Modellen kompaktible. )

Wireless keyboard works on all models
(Wireless Tastatur funktioniert selbstverständlich auch an allen Modellen.)

Only the AZBox HD premium will be substituted if purchased before November 18th 2009
(Vom Austausch sind nur die AZBox HD Premium betroffen die vor dem 18.11.2009 gekauft worden sind. )

The last line was hard to translate.. This is the best I can do :)

It's German, not Dutch.
It's for the new AZBox "Premium +", all new hardware for true dual tuner, so they say. :)
++++++++++++++++++
The new AZBox Premium plus with twin Tuner enterprise is delivered starting from 01.12.2009. Current one and also in the future following software are kompaktible with all models. Wireless keyboard functions naturally also at all models. From the exchange only the AZBox hp Premium was bought before that the 18.11.2009 is concerned.
++++++++++++++++++

Thanks Lak,

By the way, Deutsch is German for... well, German. I didn't mean Dutch. Thanks for doing the translation.

I am assuming that the date code as written here is DAY / MONTH / YEAR - Therefore, December 1st, 2009.

I take it, from another post on another forum (which is Europe based) that Opensat is presenting a "TRUE" dual tuner AZBox Premium - the "PREMIUM PLUS" model on that date. A model which will indeed support dual tuners.

I have been hearing rumors that the original Premium model was advertised as such, but was found to have hardware defects (moreso akin to limitations in design rather than defects) that prevented this and that it could not be overcome by any new software programming.

Therefore, it seems that these rumors may have actually been correct information (or just a very well educated guess) and that Opensat is now building a new Premium and Elite model referred to as the "Plus" versions which will have the hardware necessary to accommodate dual tuners properly.

I also judge by the wording that the software/firmware will be compatible with all models.

This is good news and bad news. If you already have an AZBox and were planning on using it as a dual tuner receiver, sounds like you are out of luck. If you were planning to buy one someday, it is good news as it means that it will actually function as designed.

I wonder if Opensat will offer any exchange policies or credits for those who have already purchased one under the assumption that it would support dual tuners.

I am glad that the second receiver that I tried to purchase resulted in problems with delivery. Now I will cancel that order and wait for the Premium Plus model to be available.

RADAR

Last edited:
The new AZBox Premium Plus with twin tuner will be released December 1st 2009
(Die neue AZBox Premium Plus mit Twin Tuner Betrieb wird ab 01.12.2009 ausgeliefert.)

Present and future releases of the software will be compatible with all models
(Jetzige und auch die in Zukunft folgende Software ist mit allen Modellen kompaktible. )

Wireless keyboard works on all models
(Wireless Tastatur funktioniert selbstverständlich auch an allen Modellen.)

Only the AZBox HD premium will be substituted if purchased before November 18th 2009
(Vom Austausch sind nur die AZBox HD Premium betroffen die vor dem 18.11.2009 gekauft worden sind. )

The last line was hard to translate.. This is the best I can do :)

Jscrimshaw,

Excellent work! A bit more clear, but the last line is definitely confusing. Reads well, but I am not sure what they infer by it.

RADAR

I read somewhere that it was $150 euro to upgrade an older premium

Putney,

If that turns out to be an accurate or nearly accurate cost figure, I don't think that it would be worth upgrading an older model. The price seems rather steep. With the currency exchange rate, I expect that would amount to about $215.00 - $230.00 US.

That's way too much for a refurbishment. You might as well just buy a new one outright and use the old one somewhere else (in another room, as a gift or sell as is to a friend who knows what the limitations are).

RADAR

Yeah, I know. I just can't "read". LOL

:D I was just giving you a hard time on that, Lak. I kinda figured you read it fast and early in the morning.

I think the last line means......
If you purchased before 11/18/09, you need to exchange.
Or implying, units purchased after 11/18/09, you are good to go.

I am guessing, but it almost sounds to me as if they mean to say:

"For all models purchased prior to 11/18/2009", that you have to pay for the upgrade (your Premium AZBox will be upgraded to the PLUS model or you will be provided with a refurbished and upgraded Premium AZBox model that someone else turned in).

and then

"For all models purchased post 11/18/2009" they (may) exchange it directly for an AZBox Premium PLUS model (new manufactured version). But maybe you still have to pay???

????????​

I guess we will find out in the near future what they really mean by this.

RADAR

Sorry about the last line... My German is really rusty

What I think they mean is, If you purchased the Premium before that date then you will get the premium plus.. If you bought an elite, you will just get an elite, not the premium plus

German is very hard to translate as one word can mean different things

Last edited:
May be those, who wants a dual tuner upgrade and are familiar with a soldering iron, can wait a bit to see if someone posts a hardware mod letting you to magically upgrade your AZBox Premium to "+" for just a few bucks. :) Also, it may be one would have to abandon his AZBox ATSC Tuner dream with this Dual DVB Tuner config, as extra space and mounting options for an extra NIM Tuner are often limited inside any STB.

I don't know about you all, but if I had bought an AZbox that was advertised as having the ability to add another tuner, with the understanding that the only thing we were waiting on was for them to market the tuners separately, and then found out that it was a lie and it never had that capability in the first place, I'd be SERIOUSLY upset.

BUT, something doesn't seem right! If the current models can only support one tuner, why are they selling DVB-C and DVB-T tuners? Do they mean to say that it will only support one DVB-S(2) tuner at once, but other tuners are OK? (If they want to sell their product on the world market, I'm afraid that they're going to have to start communicating in proper English.)

Does anyone know if the new tuners will have blind-scan?

I don't know about you all, but if I had bought an AZbox that was advertised as having the ability to add another tuner, with the understanding that the only thing we were waiting on was for them to market the tuners separately, and then found out that it was a lie and it never had that capability in the first place, I'd be SERIOUSLY upset.

BUT, something doesn't seem right! If the current models can only support one tuner, why are they selling DVB-C and DVB-T tuners? Do they mean to say that it will only support one DVB-S(2) tuner at once, but other tuners are OK? (If they want to sell their product on the world market, I'm afraid that they're going to have to start communicating in proper English.)

Does anyone know if the new tuners will have blind-scan?

Jim S.

The original boxes do (apparently) support dual tuners. One DVB-S2 tuner with one of the other (DVB-C or DVB-T) tuners, but not with another DVB-S2 tuner.

It seems that the advertising and promotion in the specifications does indicate this, but I find it quite misleading and a poor public policy.

I do, however, believe that this was not intentional. The box was initially geared towards the European markets and not the N.A. markets. I don't think that they thought it all through completely and did not expect that "those people across the big pond" would ever want to set up two tuners with an identical purpose or function.

If you think about it, it does sound rather unique... Why would you want two tuners that perform the same task? Two cable tuners? Two OTA tuners? Two DVB-S2 satellite tuners? What would be the point?

Ahh! But, they didn't research OUR market and our demands and desires. We take such things for granted, such as a PVR or watching one channel while recording another or watching a P-in-P from the same source. So we are probably guilty as consumers for jumping to conclusions and NOT reading between the lines.

Still, they should have expected a "World Market" on these receivers and prepared for it better than this (at least made an official statement in this regard).

I think that they attempted to make it work this way after the fact, but couldn't do it with mere software changes. So now that they understand the market and the viability, they have geared up production alterations to support this demand. Or at least I hope so.

And as far as "BLIND SCAN" capabilities, I know that this is being discussed on the European forums including the "glitch" or "bug" list reports for AZBox, but they don't seem to understand our mentality in this regard either. I get the impression that their satellite services are quite different from ours.

RADAR

Just keep in mind guys, AZBox maker OpenSat is very young family business started in 2007, and they didn't expect their receiver to have such interest throughout the world. For now, they do not manufacture any receivers for US market at all, and dual DVB-S2 tuner is a welcome option first of all in Europe and other places. Blindscan has a much lower priority for European market, where FTA channels are in abundance, and other options are plentiful as well. However, adding firmware code to utilize hardware blindscan capability requires a lot more work that they can handle at the moment, given multitude of other tasks at hand.

Consider AZBox blindscan as an advertising trick rather than foreseeing reality. Was it even confirmed that DVB-S2 demodulator chip they use (what model?) offers blindscan circuitry? If not, it would need to be supported by AZBox main processor, which can't compete with an average PC processor's power anyway. It may also be the reason, they can't go beyond ads on blindscan. As to hardware design errors, they do happen even with long term players, and that's why most electronic products go through multiple revisions over their production lifespan. No-one expected from a 2-year company to create such a popular and versatile product like AZBox in the 1st place. :)

Attachments

• azbox back panel.jpg
    azbox back panel.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 282
  • azbox open case.jpg
    azbox open case.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Just keep in mind guys, AZBox maker OpenSat is very young family business started in 2007, and they didn't expect their receiver to have such interest throughout the world. For now, they do not manufacture any receivers for US market at all, and dual DVB-S2 tuner is a welcome option first of all in Europe and other places. Blindscan has a much lower priority for European market, where FTA channels are in abundance, and other options are plentiful as well. However, adding firmware code to utilize hardware blindscan capability requires a lot more work that they can handle at the moment, given multitude of other tasks at hand.

Consider AZBox blindscan as an advertising trick rather than foreseeing reality. Was it even confirmed that DVB-S2 demodulator chip they use (what model?) offers blindscan circuitry? If not, it would need to be supported by AZBox main processor, which can't compete with an average PC processor's power anyway. It may also be the reason, they can't go beyond ads on blindscan. As to hardware design errors, they do happen even with long term players, and that's why most electronic products go through multiple revisions over their production lifespan. No-one expected from a 2-year company to create such a popular and versatile product like AZBox in the 1st place. :)

Sometimes they just get it right or nearly as right as right can be! I fell into the Coolsat 5K receiver by odd circumstance.l I wasn't even looking for a FTA receiver and had no idea what anyone was talking about. I wanted a replacement DN remote for my 301 receiver! Doggone it I just wanted a remote! They wanted an arm and a leg for that replacement remote. Now look where I am! I could have opened a store downtown to sell remotes for all the money I spent on equipment since them.

Oh well, I would not have learned many things if I had done something different.

I would not have met you all as friends. I would not know computers and programming as well and I would not have had as much fun. And that is what this all is... fun! The best thing isn't the TV that you can watch, it is the friends you make here who are the most important.

Gordy (RADAR)

I think that removing the 20 megabit stream recording limit would be a higher priority (for me, personally, it certainly is) than even adding blind scan capability. Hopefully, they will work on that aspect of the product.

I think that removing the 20 megabit stream recording limit would be a higher priority....
From the Rumor Mill......
The 20megabit limit is like using the "Light" version of the Driver. You have to pay more for the Full version. So until OpenSat pays for the full version......
Again, from the Rumor Mill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)