NEED an Honest opinion on SD Picture Quality!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I see the sparklies on several channels but since I don't watch much SD I haven't taken notice of the channels.

I see the sparklies often while watching comedy central on my Normal tv and on my Panny Plasma. That's about the only SD channel I watch often so not sure if its on all or just that one.

I've found Voom's SD channels to be much less detailed than D*, I would go as far as saying that a strong OTA analog signal has more detail. I connected an S-Vid cable to the Voom STB and set the inputs up identically so I could do an A/B comparison with D*. (It really looks the same as with DVI selected input). The blocky (pixelated?) appearance is annoying. I assume that Voom is limiting bandwidth to their SD offerings?

I'd say the SD between V* and D* is pretty much a draw. No clear winner. On my plasma both look fine...on my 92" screen they both look crapola. At that 92" size screen the warts are just magnified. It's watchable mind you, but sometimes painful.

I think I posted before on this topic, but last night I really noticed how good SPIKE looked ... nice, since it was one of the less good SDs before. The images looked downright sharp, though pixelization on edges of images can be noticed. But I still like it ALOT better than the soft, hazy SD on Dish Network.
Again ... this is using the component output with either 1080i or 480p, I prefer the latter so my Mits can do it's non-linear stretch mode on for full screen.
480i has always looked pretty bad to me, even with the component output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)