Need answers for fta receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

benheard

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
I am new to this satellite deal. I have a wineguard 8' dish with a Drake ESR 1624 receiver, (c-band only lnb). I let someone talk me into putting this thing up and receiving free channels. Needless to say there not very many out there. So again I let this same person talk me into buying a Fortec Classic fta receiver to put with this system. After I bought this unit I realized how am I gonna turn my dish with this new receiver? Can someone help me out here? Thank You.

For now the easy solution is to steer the dish with your Drake receiver as well as control the polarity if you're using a polarotor.

I have the same problem. Over in the C-Band forum some of us are playing with DMSi's VBOX with mixed results.

At least 1 guy has managed to wrangle a Motec VBOX II to see if it works any better. You can follow the thread here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=106940

The VBO:mad:es) convert the DiSEqC 1.2 commands from the FTA receiver (Fortec in your case) to a position on your actuator.

How would I hook the fortec to the Drake? Would I go into the Drake first then the Fortec then to tv? Or would I go fortec drake then tv?

the problem with using a dish positioner with the fortec is that the fortec does not control polarity. You can over come that by going with a voltage switched c band lnbf or a dual c-band feed horn and lnb's.

drhydro said:
the problem with using a dish positioner with the fortec is that the fortec does not control polarity. You can over come that by going with a voltage switched c band lnbf or a dual c-band feed horn and lnb's.

In the Fortec , create 2 entries for each sat , one with the H transponders , one with the V transponders . Scan each .

Like AMC 4 C V and AMC 4 C H .

When you pick the sat with the V channels , switch the analog receiver to vertical . Same for the H channels .

Bring the coax in & hit a splitter that passed DC power on one port ( connect to the analog receiver ) and blocks it to the other ( connects to the Fortec ) .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)