Need DIRT help

wxguyinms

Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Mississippi
Could I possibly get someone from DIRT to contact me? I have a problem that I don't even know where to start trying to get resolved. Long story short: A roofing crew working on our home removed an in-use dish from our roof (they had offered to remove an old, unused dish and took the wrong one). Naturally, we're missing channels now (we had two dishes aimed at separate satellites). If someone can work with me on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Could I possibly get someone from DIRT to contact me? I have a problem that I don't even know where to start trying to get resolved. Long story short: A roofing crew working on our home removed an in-use dish from our roof (they had offered to remove an old, unused dish and took the wrong one). Naturally, we're missing channels now (we had two dishes aimed at separate satellites). If someone can work with me on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm not DIRT, but let me offer my two cents. First off, do you know what sats the second dish was aimed at? Go Menu-6-1-3 and let it run, and see what sats have green and what have red.

Second, what you'll need is a custom work order to relocate the dish. That is $50 plus the cost of the tech visit, which is $0/$15 or $95, depending if you have the protection plan. Don't get mad at Dish for the cost, get mad at the roofer for messing things up, and perhaps ask them to cover that cost for taking down the wrong (working) dish.

If you don't have the Protection Plan, ask for it to be put on it before the service call. Then it will only cost $15. Keep the plan for 120 days then discontinue it.

For the record, if a dish was removed and not replaced in the same location, it will not be treated as a service call. The general rule of thumb is this. If a roofer removes the dish and puts it back exactly where it was, and you experience signal loss, that will be a service call. If the dish is removed and put somewhere else, or not put back, that is NOT a service call, that will be custom work to "relocate dish"

Agree with the idea to put the protection plan on at the time of scheduling this, that will make the tech part of the call $15, with the extra $50 for the custom work.

I actually tell my customers thaat if the roofers remove the dish, do not have them mount it again. 100% of the time I have had to re-mount the dish, and since they cover the footplate in tar it becomes a huge mess on the new roof. You can say it's back up, but roofers really do not know how to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts