Need Disney HD to switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would love to see the rest of the Disney/ESPN channels in HD as well. But part of me says after seeing how the AMC thing played out this past summer/fall, where the contract to carry the channels expired and Dish dropped the channels & waited till they went to court before getting them back, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing with the Disney/ESPN channels. So I am hoping they go to court/settle before the contract expires. But then again Disney has a lot more leverage in terms of viewership of their channels - Disney Channel and ESPN are in the top 10 most watched cable channels each and every week, and more people would notice and be upset if Dish dropped them.

I can't see Dish being that stupid to claim that Disney and ESPN aren't highly valued channels, like they did with AMC. I know it will be world war 3 at my house if I tell my wife and kids that Disney is gone. Phineas and Ferb, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Doc McStuffins are on all morning at house until 9:30 comes around and my wife brings the kids outside to play.

My wife had Disney as a premium service when she was a kid. My parents opted for NESN and Sports Channel America as a sports pack and HBO. So I never valued Disney like she and my kids do.

My kids are 9 and six and when we do watch a bit of evening tv we do catch some disney shows. Some movies they have shown as of late would have been nice in HD. Maybe one day

Never say never. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would agree, I was close to the never stage with AMC I was ok with the roku for the shows I wanted to watch because the talk from both sides really made it sound that channels were not coming back, hence the roku's dish had provided

Never say never. ;)

A lot of us said "never" about Dish getting MLB Network, then out of blue one night it was uplinked then available the next day. So we can always hold hope that the Disney situation will be resolved soon.

It is a member of my family who has Disney HD and Disney XD HD on more than I thought. And in our discussions was told they would not support the switch without these channels.

Look here mister..... :cool: It is not me watching these channels. I am more interested in gaining Epix and the Hopper system

Discussions? Who pays the bills?? ;)

When was the last time they had an agreement contract? and for how long before it expired and remove HD channels? I know is a moot question.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using SatelliteGuys

As I hinted earlier, look at all the promotion DISH is doing for ABC/Disney lately on their Twitter and facebook page.

I think something is brewing.

Btw ABC is the only network NOT suing DISH over the Hopper.

As I hinted earlier, look at all the promotion DISH is doing for ABC/Disney lately on their Twitter and facebook page.

Hopefully one day, the brew turns into something :) would be a nice touch on things programming wise. Seeing the disney movies when there shown in HD would be nice, as well as ABC family and yea, ESPNU would be a nice bonus though I don't watch much programming on ESPNU, HD is always nicer to watch

I know that we have no knowledge on the ESPN/Dish TV contracts, but I found this interesting: http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-network-adds-espn2-hd-channel-line-0

One of Dish's press releases from 2006 - they launched ESPN2HD on Feb 1, 2006. If they had a 7 year contract for ESPN2HD carriage, it would be expiring at the end of this month. I couldn't find anything at a later date regarding ESPN2, but I did see where they launched ESPNU later in the year. Also, I see Comcast, Cox, Cablevision, Charter, and U-Verse all signed new contracts with Disney recently (http://multichannel.com/telco-tv/disney-strikes-u-verse-carriage-deal/141232). With all these deals being signed, you know it is only a matter of time before Dish and Directv need to renew.

Scott - I know you don't have info on specific contracts, but do you have any knowledge on re-transmission agreements in general? Is 7 years a reasonable length of a contract?

SO DISH caved on paying twice for the same content in both sd and hd? GOD Help us if that is true. I can see another $5.00 added to our bill by next year is that is the case.

I prefer HD over SD just like everyone else, or at least most adults. I would like my RSN in full time HD as well as PBS, but...
When my grandson visits its about spending time with him. If that happens to be watching Disney in SD so be it, he doesn't know the difference.
Of course the bottom line is about compromise and ALL tv viewers in the family. We had the 120+ for the longest, my wife really missed True (court TV) so we moved to 200...made her happy.

Who pays the bill? I say their vote outweighs everyone else.

If you mean the subscriber, no. They may guide what decisions are made by owners of any company but I don't want people with no knowledge of what their decisions might mean making those final decisions. That's what competition between companies is for.

How do you conclude that DISH caved based on what Scott said?

DISNEY/ABC/ESPN company , I don't see giving in , since they are a large corporation and they want to force all media companies to pay them twice for the same content for both hd and sd feeds. I don't see them backing down , so that means DISH had to cave on this one if we are getting the HD feeds back. Either that or DISNEY/ABC/ESPN had changed their minds and is allowing DISH to only buy the HD feeds and they will be downrezzing those feeds for sd customers. EIther way I see our bills going up again to pay for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts