Need expert cabling advice

bdr1968

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Charleston, WV
Hello:

I'm in need of some expert advice. I hope my installer messed up because I'm going crazy trying to get this setup to work. I got Dish (ViP 622 & 625) and a 56" DLP TV last November right before I got married. From then until yesterday, we had 2 TV's here while my (now pregnant) wife and I consolidate our households. Yesterday, I brought her 27" Sony here to use in the kitchen area. When my install was done, I had 1 TV (a back-breaking 35" RCA) which I carried between the two rooms (one upstairs and one downstairs) with the receivers so the installer could set them up. I had drops run to 2 other rooms, the kitchen being one, for future expansion. Last night was the first time I'd tried to use TV2 on either receiver. I've set the 622 to use both channel 60 (Air) and channel 73 (cable) separately, and I've autoprogrammed the heck out of the Sony, but I still get no signal.

I've attached a diagram of my setup. It's a pretty wide image, but it's only 23Kb.

I don't have a lot of confidence in this installer. Because of a tree across the street the dish had to be mounted on my garage which is separate from the house. The installer ran the RG6 all the way around the garage and then across the sidewalk behind the garage. He then covered it with dirt. I didn't find this out until I started nosing around this afternoon after reading about DP44's and 34's, and trying to figure out what I had.

Any guidance you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

Attachments

• dish-setup.png
    dish-setup.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 172
From that picture, it looks like it is wired right. This is one of the reasons I walked away from jobs like yours when I was installing. I feel like if a customer orders a 4 TV hookup, they should actually have 4 TVs on site. Not some placeholder. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts