Need For Channel Simulator Box

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Right now I can see the need for an inexpensive channel simulator so that a DTV set can be tricked into scanning a channel. This business of moving the antenna a smidgen and rescanning is boring! Such a box would be a boon to DXers.

Right now I can see the need for an inexpensive channel simulator so that a DTV set can be tricked into scanning a channel. This business of moving the antenna a smidgen and rescanning is boring! Such a box would be a boon to DXers.

Are you talking about a converter box or a DTV tuner in a tv

As long as you have a tuner capable of manual digital tuning (i.e. by directly entering a channel number, or going into a menu and choosing an RF channel directly) - I don't see the need for this. Even if you detect the box's own digital stream, not sure how it's going to help you detect a DX stream.

As long as you have a tuner capable of manual digital tuning (i.e. by directly entering a channel number, or going into a menu and choosing an RF channel directly) - I don't see the need for this. Even if you detect the box's own digital stream, not sure how it's going to help you detect a DX stream.
Most of the sets and converter boxes I have seen don't offer any direct entry unless the channel was first detected by a scan. I contacted customer service to see if there was any override possibility and the answer was no. What I meant was a box that would provide a simulated signal for a channel so the set would place the channel info in its scan memory.

NO way are you going to find one. the dish612/622/722 you can add a ch. The Bestbuy Insigna converter box can add a new without a rescan

I would bet an agile processor would do it. You could tune it to a digital channel and set the output to any channel you wanted.

Hello elder, What your looking for is known as an ATSC signal generator they are test equipment the price range is too high for most electronics hobbyist.

ATSC "signal generator" - Google Product Search < link shows cheapest equipment!

There are ATSC HD and converter boxes that do have direct channel input. How most i have used work you enter the channel you want, move your antenna or wait for the right conditions when the receiver gets enough data for that channel it will be added to the receiver DMA channel map.

I use a Apex DT250 converter box a lot it has direct channel access and locked channels a 110 miles away with a little outdoor combo antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts