Need Help 920 4dtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've got ShopNBC!!!! HOOOORAY G1!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! G1 channel 12!!!

No the DC light doesn't come on. The System Status says i only have 514 channels.

yeah that part is toast but you can get it repaired just didn't know if it was worth it to ya. but you can get analog and like Al said (i don't know ) you might can sub to the VC channels .... ( i don't know if when it does a reset if it randomly changes the unit id so everytime you lose power and need a hit it's # has changed). and i think that only affects digicipher side

Do you have any ideas as to how my digital part got fried? Also, are there many analog channels to subscribe to still?

I'm not sure, but I think the batteries were designed to last about 7 years, and some of these 4dtv units (especially the 920's) are close to 10 years old (or older). So the batteries need replacing in probably all of them (except new ones). When a battery goes dead, you have to send it back to:
ATS Electronics, Inc. Authorized 4DTV Repair Center
they can repair it, replace the battery and put in a new ID, so the unit will work again.

Al

I know about ATS and could go that route. This unit was new in the year 2000. Not sure whether i should invest in having this one fixed or getting a 922. I'm trying to program G5 and digital channels are listing. I have a quality box, but it's at zero with a black screen. I'm not sure if this is G5 or C3.

yeah well you can get the analog and probably call nps and see if they will sub the vc side ( its a chance) i don't think they will but it wont hurt to ask . plus at least you know it works 1/2 way

30 ship +170 + 30 ship = $230
new 922 the price varies $535 +

It was C3 instead of G5. On C3 channel 105 I have a signal of 64 and quality of 38+. I also have a DC light. It says "Cannot find channel, continuing to search" but I don't have a subscription. I've always had problems tuning into this transponder.

i dont think your unit is fryed !!1....i would think if ur getting quality then DC light is on u have digital ur unit isnt fryed just mess with the tune and skew

Something strange happened. All of my original satellites came back to the Program Satellites page. X4 and lots of others were missing from the list but they are now there. Yeah I know it would cost $200 or more to send it to ATS.

Chefwan, I think you're right. I'm tuning right now. I just wonder why it won't save my settings when it gets unplugged.

No I don't have that screen. It says Cannot Find Channel continuing to search. It says zero quality.

well i hope your right about the unit but when i changed my channel # i was on a vc channel parked and then unplugged. maybe there is a way to get the maps and channels without unplugging the unit.

Is it possible that i accidentally parked on a channel that allowed for updating of my satellites? Is there a free preview of the Discovery Channel on C4 channel 21? Because I parked it on that channel and it's coming in without my being subscribed to it.

If you know you are on G1, I would put it on channel 3 or if you don't have a DC light for channel 3, put it on 150 and unplug it now, since your cables have been corrected, and see if it will give you the correct maps. It probably wasn't giving you information correctly before because it wasn't getting the proper signal through the lines, since they were hooked up incorrectly. Now that they have been corrected, I would give it a try?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts