Need Help 920 4dtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
go to G1 Channel 3 . then when it says cannot find channel continue to search. press the guide button and it should start downloading ur MAPS. when its done . it'll go back to that cannot find channel screeen then try it again . it it doesnt say ne thing you need to adjust ur fine tuning bump the dish east to west till u get some quality or adjust ur skew if u dont get any after u do that . H suppose to be around 25 and V around -30 35 check that

I unplugged before i switched the cables. I have programmed C4, G1, C3, and G5 with some channels showing up in analog. Are you telling me to unplug and start over?

I got a DC light on G5 (I think) channel 111 quality 78. But it says Cannot find Channel continuing to search.

now call NPS and tell them to add a channel for u to test with
and hit ur receiver with the program guide on G1 3 so u can download the maps

On what i believe to be G5, my channels in the hundreds are showing signal 68, quality 99, but my screen says "cannot find channel continuing to search.

Okay guys for the last hour or more my son has been typing and translating for me so I could program while he had the internet. I missed a few things here so I'm going to go back over the past few pages of posts and read them. I'm afraid I lost some things in the translation.

I'm not responsible for any grammatical errors that may have occurred in the past few pages of my posts. LOL

I have now pressed Guide button to see what will happen, but I don't think anything will work until I get a hit from NPS.

I can't find the Arts channel on G1 5. Didn't they leave analog? I know I'm on G1, because because Shop NBC is on 12.

Be back in a few minutes.

its hard for me to tune that one too i have a line of sight problem but it poped in for only a quick second once this morning... or i suspected it to be arts

channel 11 should be EWTN also in the clear analog

On G1 11 I have a very bad picture. It's not total snow. It kinda looks like a scrambled channel. It's strange that Shop comes in but others don't. My odd channels are having difficulties.

Should I unplug my unit and start over as Al suggested?

Evidently, something happened during the course of all this. When I first redid the wires and turned the unit on I only had about 10 sats showing on the programming guide. After a half hour or so all my sats showed up. Now my stats say I have 4787 channels.

Strange though even though when I get to a channel that tells me to subscribe using my right unit ID---when I go int System Status it says that number with all the zeros--00-0008-5000-FD. I wonder if I get a hit from NPS if that will update to my original ID. I guess it's like when I unplugged the unit and only got a channel number on the front panel.

Something I noticed is that channels 112-117 and 133-143 on G1 are 68 signal and 42 quality with a DC light (cannot find channels continuing to search). Other channels such as 150-160 and other channels that are horizontal have no quality and no Dc light. This is with a rotated 90.

hmmm 4787 is what mine says now well

i would think like chefwan and check with you program provider

the id is set on the unit in eprom and stays there with the battery , i suspect if you unplug it you will lose it all and have to start again.

so everytime you lose power it will have to get rehit.... i also suspect that since the battery is bad then the id might change at random . but i don't know for sure only your provider can answer this . or one of the other guys with lots more experince with 4dtv can answer.

but you can like chefwan said see if the provider will give you a test channel & hit , i just don't know if they will still sub you with the unit only they can answer this.

also you said some of your vc showed up if you goto one and press 9 1 1 what does it say under subscription ??

when you press 9 -1 -1
it s on a videocipher channel so thats the videociper or videocipher RS ID

but your programmer might have misunderstood but i'm sure you will have a Videocipher id & a digicipher id.. but
i don't know if its all back if it was a bad battery or not
my unit is older than yours and battery is still good but each is different .

if you unplug the unit do you lose everything? and you might have to leave it unplugged for a minute or two.

If I unplug it I will loose everything I think. But I haven't tried it since I switched wires. Would that make a difference?

When pressing 9 1 1 on C3 21 which is Comedy I get Installation Data, VideoCipher RS Descrambler, 1) Unit ID: 0401-.........2) Phone ID: 0100-........ 3) is blank and so on (whole number not typed in).

is this a channel you said earlier that you could watch
i know its a subscription channel on further down there is a subscription code

well i really don't know i just think that if the battery is bad you will lose everything, if the battery holds it will retain everything then there is a chance that its ok.

other than that you know most everything is actually working except some of the horizontal (or is it all the H channels)

No it is subscription. But I could watch Discovery on C4 21. That's why I asked is Discovery was having a free preview.

I don't see anything labeled subscription code. There are 12 items when I press 9 1 1.

It looks like all horizontals are having problems. At least all the ones I've checked so far. Wonder what that could be?

if your only getting one polarity then either the servo is bad or its not connected correctly.

hows yours hooked up should be a small red, small white and small black wire
probably hooked up below the motor connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts