Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok this is what I got... My pole is level.. My motor is set to 41, Dish is aimed to AMC 3.

My Lat is 41.2 my Long is 87.8. The motor is specificaly driven the .8 for amc 3 to be on my true south bird.

My signal levels on amc 3 are: Useing a pansat 9200

12180 73 percent 58 quality
12140 72 percent 37-45 quality
11716 66 percent 86-93 quality
11723 66 percetn 66 percent quality
11957 65 percent 69 quality
11975 62 percent 70 quality
12145 69 percent 25 quality
11801 67 percent 38-43 quality
12156 69 percent 53 quailty

Now when I drive my motor to the east to sbs 6 I loose my arch. When I go to my dish, My dish is lower than the arch. If I tilt it back far enough I can regain the arch, but its off by 5 degrees elevation. When I go to 123 the same thing happens. Posted below are some pics. This has got me really frustrated as I have never had this issue before. The dish does not appear to be bent at all. Short of sawpping dish's wich is something im considering. Could there be anything else wrong? If not I will be swapping for an oliptical primestar. :)

Attachments

• devry and dish 009.JPG
    devry and dish 009.JPG
    596.5 KB · Views: 197
  • devry and dish 011.JPG
    devry and dish 011.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 191
  • devry and dish 013.JPG
    devry and dish 013.JPG
    858.5 KB · Views: 175
  • devry and dish 015.JPG
    devry and dish 015.JPG
    891.8 KB · Views: 188
  • devry and dish 016.JPG
    devry and dish 016.JPG
    822 KB · Views: 183
  • devry and dish 017.JPG
    devry and dish 017.JPG
    773.7 KB · Views: 189
It doesnt mattter where I set the motor tilt, its suppost to be on my elevation, but if I rase it or lower it the problem follows.. This is what the User's guide says but it doesnt work...

A) The dish is "too low" at both outermost points - when leaning the mast or dish back (away from the
satellite), the reception improves.
Reduce the motor tilt – set a smaller angle, and increase the dish elevation – set a bigger​
angle.

The gages on the Dish and motor are known to be off, mine motor was off alot. When pointing at True South Sat, drop / raise motor 1 deg., raise / lower dish to peak sig.
Drive to H2 @ 74west(SBS 6) and check ONN. You may have to do that a few times to get it.

Last edited:
I had a similar symptoms, after removing the motor - found I had tightened the ubolts too much and compressed the pipe. At the time I was using galvanized 16ga fence post. Bought
a piece of 2" schedule 40 steel pipe, working good. Rigid 2' conduit is also a good choice and
about the same price.

Ok verified that the poll is not bent in any way. Verified that I have a degree in annoying installations :D Check.. Getting ready to swap poles and adapt my primestar. Check. Getting FTA tv Priceless :D

How far are you from Orland Park?
Oops! Forgot gas is $5 a gallon. :(

Its a 20 min drive. I go to school over at devry on 183rd and harlem ave. I'm up in that area all the time. :) well I took down the fortec star and am modifying the primstar for the motor. From what I have played around with it, the primestar doesnt joke around pulling signals in. :) I Like!

My little red bullet fits nicely on to the primestar mount for the LNB. Right now im waiting for my drill to finish charging so I can drill some holes in the side of the lower mount to add stablity to the motor utellizing the two ceneter bolts on the motor.

Are you getting sigs with the Primestar on the motor yet?
Let me know if you want to dump the Fortec dish.

Im most likely going to use the Fortech as a backup. I have been succesfull at getting signals on the primestar. From what I have been seeing they are STRONG!!!!!! Like better than my fortec. I'm going to go back to setting it up tommorow as I retired for the night to watch the sox. Ill let you know if I decide anything else. Im going to do a full report on my modifications.

I've found that when I placed a level on the side of the motor housing, that even though the pole was level, the motor wasn't perfectly level. I probably overtightened the mount at some point and bent the light metal bracketry. I also replaced the top of my pole with a thicker piece of pipe that wouldn't crush down at the top. Keep at 'er and you'll get it.

Found the culprate.. It was the dish.. Dont know how but it must be ever so sligtly bent. With the Primestar on the pole.. it worked out flawlessly on the arch. :) So far. Allthough I havent been able to test out the western half because I am in the process of locking the primestar down on my motor. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts