Need help choosing a DirectTV receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
WOW....thanks for the fast reply. I'm new 2 home theater. I've got a small system in current home. I'm about 2 move in 2 my new home. I'm installing a new HTS. I've got a Sony Grand Wega HDTV 50WE655, Bose Acoustimass 10 Series III and have about decided on an Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver. I've currently have a basic Hughes Direct TV receiver. Would like to upgrade to optimize my sound and picture quality. Need component(video) and optical(audio) to get there. What do I need to get? Thanks for any help.

Moak

When I setup my H10, the default audio output was PCM. Make sure you check the Audio option on the Setup menu. It should be set to Dolby Digital output if you use the optical output to a Dolby Digital sound system. :)

There is more out there than the h10, I like the samsung sir-ts360 way beter than the h10

So are the Sony SAT-HD300 & LG LSS-3200a (and others in this family); which is why I asked if he wanted what DirecTV or a dealer would give or if he wanted to know what the best boxes were he could still find.

You can get a much better box if you buy it yourself as opposed to taking only what the dealer offers on "special". You might be able to get a dealer to offer you the RCA DTC-210, which is one of the better "dealer offered" boxes.

I would call Robert at Value Electronics (mention you are a member for the discount) and get the best boxes, not the cheapest.

I have a RCA DTC-210 that I need to sell PM me if you are interested, even if you are an Ole Miss fan! GO VANDY!!!!!! Just kidding, I'm a Memphis fan and we should have won a couple of weeks back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)