Need help connecting 3 sat. inputs to three receivers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Posted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 Post subject: Need help to connect 61.5 & 110/119 dishes to 6000 rcvr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requesting a more complete and technical response!!!

I have a 500 dish with two DUAL LNB's (4 wires) feeding into 2 SW21 switches and then to a PVR 501 and a PVR 508. I also have a 300 dish (for 61.5) with a dual LNB (2 wires) feeding directly to my 6000 (only). Just one output of this LNB is in use.

I would like to feed the 6000 from the 500 dish as well as the 300 in order to get all SD and HD programming (and a more complete program guide) on the HD output of the 6000.

What exactly do I need to do this? Do I have to replace the dual LNB's on the 500 dish with twins? Do Ineed a SW64 switch. How should the connections go?

The goal here is to feed all three sources 110/119 and 61.5 into all three receivers. My next big purchase will be the 921, so if possible any switches that I add now can continue to be used after the 921 arrives to replace the 501.

Please advise!!

Thanks, Stingray

It's me again...... just looked on the E* installation diagrams pages and found schematics of what I THINK I need. The drawing shows three Satellite Grade Splitters and one (or more) SW64 switches.

Are these splitters something different from the SW21 switches that I currently have?

If so, it looks like I need to buy the 3 splitters and the SW64 switch to feed my 3 receivers from the 3 sources.

Can the SW64 switch be mounted in a weatherproof box outside? It would sure make my job simpler!

If I have it wrong, pleae let me know! Thanks, Stingray

The SW64 can be mounted outside even without a weatherproof box. Mine has been out there for ages without any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)