Need Help Covering Satellite Cables

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

User0101

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Ok gang, I need your help. I've recently re-wired my E* SuperDish 121 at my new home and I've got some "hard on the eyes" questions about the cabling.

I've got 3 RG-6 cables coming off the SuperDish which I have running along a garage and then down to a junction box where the SW-33 calls home. I've also got an 8 AWG ground wire running with those cables along the garage and down to the junction box. From the junction box the ground is tied into an 8 foot ground rod and the cables are buried from that point on.

Here's the catch...
2 of the RG-6 cables are mounted to the garage using "Dual RG-6 Clips". You've seen these in your Standard Dish Installs I'm sure. I use them religiously. The other RG-6 and the 8 AWG ground runs on top and is held via zip ties to the aforementioned cables.

This cable run is clean, grounded, straight, and as hidden to view as possible. The only thing is that because there IS no 3 RG-6 clip to use these cables are all together in one big run. *Picture 3 RG-6 cables held together in a triangle with another 8 gauge wire thrown in.*

The purpose of my question...
Is there some sort of channel that can be run on top of this to cover other than "paint it to match" type solutions. Something like a 1" PVC Pipe but cut in half like so... ). This way I could mount it to the garage over the other cable to cover them up and then paint it.

I cant find anything at the local Home Depot or Ace Hardware so I'm now wondering what other people have done. Thanks for your help and ask away if you need me to re-clarify my mumbo jumbo.

User0101

just pain them, if you are in california 8' ground rod is not enough, u need 10 '

I agree about the ground. I just didn't feel the need to explain my full grounding situation as this is a question about covering wires. Thanks for your comment.

User0101 said:
Something like a 1" PVC Pipe but cut in half like so

CableTek part number GS-100-B. Comes in a variety of colors, eight foot long, flared on one end to overlap. Should be stocked by your local Telecom and/or Electrical contractor supplier. (GrayBar or Viking electric if you have to). Here is CableTek's info in case you have to call them to find a local supplier:

CableTek
1150 Taylor St
Elyria OH 44035
1-800-562-9378
www.cable-tek.com (however site was really slow when I tired to look for a pic for ya)

gs_series.jpg

I have used the raceway LIKE Cable-Tek's 21M21D for an interior run thru my garage. It is OK, but not super. There were no corners available for them when I put it up...so straight runs are OK, but angled runs may present a problem. Also, I'm not sure about UV durability if used outdoors.

Good luck in your hunt...paint is always a good short term solution!

Not sure if this would work in your situation but at my house, the cables are run from the satellite underneath the overhang of the roof and up through a hole into the attic. From there, they are strung across the attic down the walls or, for the TV on the front wall of the house, pop-out underneath the overhang of the roof in the front, behind a shutter and in the wall. There is about 4 inches showing total.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts