Need help desperately here about HDTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richard Fuller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Guys I need your help here let me start at the beginning ....My directv service went out while on vacation think it was a lightning strike it will not pick up the satellite on my tivo.Since football season is coming on fast I decided I was going to upgrade to HDTV for all the NFL games in HDTV. I called Directv and got the schedule installation for today the installer came out and he asked was my service working and I told him no but the csr said it wouldn't be a problem because I need a new dish and multiswitch anyway. The guy went outside and looked and said that I wouldn't be able to get HDTV he said that the HDTV channels are on the B and C satellite and I couldn't see them for trees. Now my tivo worked fine doesn't it use satellite A and B? Is there anyway he could tell I couldn't get the C without hooking it up? I had no problem with the A and B and since the C is in between them shouldn't I be able to see that one??

The reason you didn't know before is unless your locals were on another satellite all you needed for your DTivo was SatA (101) Sat B is on 119 and Sat C is on 110.

My installer said I had to many trees in the way as well, I said Ok I will do it my self , Don't know if this is an option for you if not have D send someone else out and this time put it up an see what they get . One day I am going to throw my ladder back up and take a picture from the back of my Sat towards the trees and let people see the tress I have in the way. Anyway when I had voom installed , the installer said I was stealing DirecTV , I said how so , he said I would of though you could have never gotten a signal through them trees.

Fire those pictures up here.

Do you have a 3lnb dish up? I am struggling with B to come in, maybe i outta compare your trees with mine!

I'm getting the lightning damage fixed tomorrow after that I will have my cousin come out and install the sat c kit(I'm disabled other wise I would do it). How does the wiring change going from A and B satelitte to include the C satellite??

The dish i use has a bult in 4 port switch, so i run a cable to each port on the dish to each reciever or all 4 into a 5x8 switch. I am not totally sure about the Sat C kits and all that stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)