Need Help Fast!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phatbastard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Direct TV installer is coming out in a few hours. I have Voom on 2 TVs and would like to keep Voomin on one TV and then just hook up my other tv myself at the end of the month... Can he charge extra for this..... Also I am not a wiz kid when it comes to satellite receivers and so forth so do i need to buy any additional equipment or can this all be done without directtv installer charging me extra?

Directv

I would have the installer do a 2 (TV)room installation as if you did not have Voom. He just needs to leave line from your Voom Sat going to the receiver on which you want to keep Vooming alone. Then when the 30th at midnight (really the 1st of May) arrives. You can just plug the 2nd D* line into the last holdout TV. I going to tell Comcast the same thing on the 30th (I want a line left open to Voom Sat and to OTA). Especially now that I know that Comcast only broadcasts 5 of the 6 HD locals in Baltimore, MD (no deal worked out with Fox 45). Good luck with install and with D* though (I'm not going back to them until they have something to offer in HD!).

Wayne

phatbastard said:
Direct TV installer is coming out in a few hours. I have Voom on 2 TVs and would like to keep Voomin on one TV and then just hook up my other tv myself at the end of the month... Can he charge extra for this..... Also I am not a wiz kid when it comes to satellite receivers and so forth so do i need to buy any additional equipment or can this all be done without directtv installer charging me extra?

I am already having a bad experience with D* and i havent even turned on my tv yet... Told them to leave V* on one tv and hook up a line so i can switch to directv after the end of the month. He told me it would be 49.95 to put an extra line. I argued with him and said this was a 2 room install and what if the second room had no line to begin with...He said it would still be 49.95...sounds like BS. Finally after arguing I told him dont even bother....install just the one room to D* where i dont have a HD tv, just a 36 in sony wega and leave my HD tv alone, since I cant enjoy a bunch of HD programming with you guys anyways...I already Im not happy.....

phatbastard said:
I am already having a bad experience with D* and i havent even turned on my tv yet... Told them to leave V* on one tv and hook up a line so i can switch to directv after the end of the month. He told me it would be 49.95 to put an extra line. I argued with him and said this was a 2 room install and what if the second room had no line to begin with...He said it would still be 49.95...sounds like BS. Finally after arguing I told him dont even bother....install just the one room to D* where i dont have a HD tv, just a 36 in sony wega and leave my HD tv alone, since I cant enjoy a bunch of HD programming with you guys anyways...I already Im not happy.....

where did you buy you equipment?

t

I bought it directly from directv itself over the phone. I bought the HD reciever for $299 with a voom $200 rebate and then just a standard receiver which is free. There giving me 3 months of all upgraded movies, HDnet, etc for free for 3 months. Basically what he wanted to do was use as much of the V* equipment he could. Originally wanted to take my V* dish down so he could probably use the wiring to put up his dish. I told him no and put up the D* dish seperatetly. He then tried to tell me if i wanted to keep V* in one room that he would need to put a second line. Well, I know he needs to put a second line and he tried to charge $49.95 for the additional line. He wanted to use the line where V* was but I told him no thats for V* until it goes dark. I told him this was a 2 room install which is free from you guys. Pretend there is no line whatsoever where my V* tv is going to stay on until the end of the month and install a seperate line so I can just switch over. Im going to have to read the fine print but surely dropping down an additional line should be covered under the free installation, and really its not an additional line because it is occupied right now...Only decent thing he did was hook my OTA antenna in my attic to directv as well so I can get my locals in HD with my directv system. So when V* goes dark there going to have to come back out here and probably switch that one line to D*, and I am not paying for it!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts