Need Help Fiding Galaxy 10r

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wcalifas831

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
CALIFORNIA
Hey there fellas, I'm new to the fta world and I"ve been trying to aim my dish towards Galaxy 10R. For some reason I have not been sucessful. I did find a satellite 6 degrees west of it which was the one with the white springs )channel 129 degrees). I still haven't gotten to 123 which has been frustrating me. Any of you guys have any advice. I live in California, I used the angle tool on sadoun't site which gave me the elevation o 47.2 and still no signal. Any one have any suggestions?

Jesse

If you'd give your ZIP or city, we could get you some aiming instructions, but if you found Whitesprings, you know the neighborhood (in the sky).

I'm in southern Calif, and I can get Whitesprings on a paperclip and a gum wrapper.
If you got WS, you could try peaking your LNB skew and practicing your aim.

I like to use a compass (some don't), and figuring the magentic offset factor is a real necessity out here.
The Sadoun lookup tool requires you to do that manually.
Many other calculators have it built in.

Set your receiver to an active transponder as found in Iceberg's strong transponder list, and take your receiver outdoors for the job.
It'll be harder to find and tune up on than Whitesprings was, but you should do fine.

Move your dish to the east ever so sloooooow....and just a smidge - 1/16 of an inch at a time - make sure you have an active tp programmed - you are close!

it worked

I was about to give up but I followed your advice of going little by little to my left and then ran a blind scan. Bammmmm finally found galaxy 10. I was already wrapping things up for tomorrow since it was getting dark when I found the satellite. Thanks for all your help.

CONGRATS! When I first setup my FTA - G10, I was going to give up - It took me close to 2 weeks to get it. I had it stuck in my mind that I needed to have a signal on the built in meter before I could blind scan. I ended up finally hitting it about 10pm in the dark :) If it wasn't for Iceberg, I would not be here. Now I can hit G10 in less than 2 minutes! CONGRATS! G10 is an awesome bird!

i can hit g10r but not whitesprings lol so your better at it than i am :) congrats on finding it , now once you done it ...its easier :)

now enjoy

well actually i'm only trying it on my 7 1/2 ft c-band mesh dish
i can hit the arc all around it but can't get WS guess i will try it with a stationary dish located somewhere else. I could also have a LOS problem with that one satellite. just can't tell

finally tuned it in its right at the threshold for my coolsat ( and probably have a LOS problem cause i can only get it at 63% Quality & 96% level )

i still have a bit of tweaking to do with the dish but its there :)

In the futures as it relates to G10r pick a transponder other than tp1. The different Transponders on G10r definately have different output levels and I spent a long time searching for it when I was looking at TP1. After changing to TP5 I found it easily.

Yes, you're right !! :D Thanks to our friend Iceberg , it is a very useful post.
Regards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts