Need Help Figuring Out 5 lnb and Timing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolfgame

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Greenville, SC
Directv just came out and upgraded my dish to the new 5lnb dish and the new dual tuner DVR. I asked them to go ahead and install this when they "moved" my service in April but they told me they could not. Now they are available and they have upgraded me. Then when they were here....they told me that local HD's are not available and the new DVR does not support OTA locals.

So why would they be upgrading people and installing this new dish for new customers?

I saw the other forum talking about channel availability but really didnt get a clear answer based on previous posts (I am new to this forum).

Why are they upgrading, when will additional channels be available.

I am in Greenville, South Carolina.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

wolfgame said:
Directv just came out and upgraded my dish to the new 5lnb dish and the new dual tuner DVR. I asked them to go ahead and install this when they "moved" my service in April but they told me they could not. Now they are available and they have upgraded me. Then when they were here....they told me that local HD's are not available and the new DVR does not support OTA locals.

So why would they be upgrading people and installing this new dish for new customers?

I saw the other forum talking about channel availability but really didnt get a clear answer based on previous posts (I am new to this forum).

Why are they upgrading, when will additional channels be available.

I am in Greenville, South Carolina.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment the new HD DVR does not do the OTA channels, but it will soon so to say it doesn't support them is not really right.
As for the Local HD 's, I do not know, do you have your local 's in HD now ? OTA ? If so you will be able to hook your antenna up to the receiver and it will work, just not yet.
btw, you said new dual tuner DVR, you were talking about the HD version ...
right ?

Lot of info on the forum,
Look around and
:welcome to the site.

Jimbo

Yes...I do get HD Locals via OTA...was wondering of timing on them "turning on" more as I figured that must be coming soon since they are now installing the new dish. Thanks for the welcom and appreciate any feedback.

wolfgame said:
Yes...I do get HD Locals via OTA...was wondering of timing on them "turning on" more as I figured that must be coming soon since they are now installing the new dish. Thanks for the welcom and appreciate any feedback.
"Rumor" has it sometime in October.

Thanks for the info....are there threads on here that talk about the latest rumors and updated news and dates on launches.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)