Need help for BSC621-2 LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

river6

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I installed my BSC 621-2 on my big Dish (10 feet), I wired the top of the LNB to LNB and RCV to #1 of my disqcX4 and I left #2 free and the the third and fourth are connected to other dishes. But I get only good CBand but nothing in KU. Could you please help me to solve this problem ?
I want to know how to bypass the internal switch of this LNBF. If someone could give me the Diagram, Il will be thankfull.

PS. In the setup of my receiver (Pansat 9200) I gave #1 to C and #2 to KU.

Thanks

Last edited:
The 621-2 has an internal Diseqc so what you need to do is the coax that says RCV is for C-Band and the coax on the end of the LNB is for KU. The other coax next to the one that says "RCV" don't use.

Also, the KU side is a Universal so set accordingly (UNiversal or 9750/10600)

(to the one that says "RCV" don't use. )
do you mean LNB????.

Thanks so much Iceberg, I will try it to morrow. hope that will work..

If you have never had KU reception on your 10' dish before, it may need some tweaking on the alignments. I had some pretty poor KU performance on my 10' dish with the BSC-621.
I did nothing to the dish alignment and swapped the 621 for a Chaparall Corotor and got booming KU band.

this lnbf never performed on ku band on my dish properly. despite all my adjustments.

Yes It's works but only with vertical polarity, and i loss signal on my disqc #3(intel5-@97).
thanks.

Yes It's works but only with vertical polarity, and i loss signal on my disqc #3(intel5-@97).
thanks.

Buy a 22KHz switch (ECODA) and have one end (OFF) go to the Big Dish and then the other end (ON) directly to your diseqc then you can have:
The 621 will use the internal switch via the jumper cable (top LNB to "LNB" of bottom LNB, cable from house to RCV)

OFF 1 = cband on big dish
OFF 2 = ku on big dish
ON 1 = Dedicated dish @ intel5
ON 2 = (open for future spare dish)
ON 3 = (open
ON 4 =

I have used the 621 on two different C-band dishes and have had okay results. I usuall fine tune it for G10R and can get just about the same signals I can on my 1 Meter dish. Perfect dish shape and condiction helps... I had 5% of my mesh missing for a while and lost over 50% of my signal. Right now with the 621 I get about 50%/70% on G10R and 55% on KUIL. The signals are not in the 90% like the c-band side but the signals are watachable and most Ku feeds / muxes are not that picky. Also I only get about 20% on WhiteSprings with my 621... but It is watchable with no breakups.

Signals are all in terms of Pansat

Thanks lot where i can find it ? have you some digram to use it with 4 dishs?

There are a few on ebay or online.

I have an extra one and I have paypal so PM me.

Here is the diagram. It requires an ecoda... but any 4x1 diseqc will work

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 246
sorry , before reading your post i bought one from ebay.
and thanks for your help.

and in the future ( after you setup this ecoda) you could run coax to the c & ku seperatly ( and work around the internal diesqc switch built into the 621-2) and use a 4X1 diesqc switch and add two more dishes :) great for expansion

Buy a 22KHz switch (ECODA) and have one end (OFF) go to the Big Dish and then the other end (ON) directly to your diseqc then you can have:
The 621 will use the internal switch via the jumper cable (top LNB to "LNB" of bottom LNB, cable from house to RCV)
if he has the 621-2 that won't work as the -2 is a Universal on the KU side

yeah i didn't see that

you can hook it up to a 4X1 and work around the internal switch (you could run coax to the c & ku seperatly)

port one - c-band
port two - universal ku
port three - other dish
port four - other dish

and you can double these ports except for the universal port with that ecoda :)

OFF 1 = cband on big dish
OFF 2 = ku on big dish
ON 1 = Dedicated dish @ intel5
ON 2 = (open for future spare dish)
ON 3 = (open
ON 4 =

I have used the 621 on two different C-band dishes and have had okay results. I usuall fine tune it for G10R and can get just about the same signals I can on my 1 Meter dish. Perfect dish shape and condiction helps... I had 5% of my mesh missing for a while and lost over 50% of my signal. Right now with the 621 I get about 50%/70% on G10R and 55% on KUIL. The signals are not in the 90% like the c-band side but the signals are watachable and most Ku feeds / muxes are not that picky. Also I only get about 20% on WhiteSprings with my 621... but It is watchable with no breakups.

Signals are all in terms of Pansat

That's exactly how my 621 did. My corotor is in the 90's on G10r KU 11800V and 83% on 11720V.

AMC-3 PBS muxes in the low 80's Montana PBS 85% right now. White springs tv is around 80%

My C-band side is about the same.

Readings from pansat 9200HD. I wish the 621 would have performed better on KU. The voltage switching is so much easier and seamless. I do like the skew control. My problem is that my analog receiver won't show the skew adjustments on the screen with snow from no channel.

I think from what I have read people with smaller dishes like 6 footers have done better with the 621.

truck
I had issues with KU on my 6 footer. I could get C-Band on 87W but not KU. Then I could lock KU but C was very weak

The stuff near my true south (91/93/97) was easier to get but the signals werent the best

I had a terrible time trying to lock the pbs muxes on Amc-3KU. I could get AMC-3 C band great. My ku on amc-3 was in the low 40's and sometimes up to 58% (pansat 9200 HD).

C-band boomed in. My G10R KU I managed to get to into the 80's in quality, but my C-band was down in the 50's (not acceptable for me).

I was so dissapointed in the 621. I had super high hopes for that lnbf. I guess engineering and technology has not came far enough along to combine the two bands with stellar performance on both.

I played with it today trying to adjust for best position (3 hours to to find the best).
and my conclusion is :
on atlantic bird c band circular it was 60% in vertical and 35% in horizontal.
on T12 ku vertical 72% (verry good signal) but very poor with H.
on hispasat vertical 72% H only 46% (all this tries with dielectric plate inside the lnbf)
but when i get out the dialectic from the lnbf all signals are good KU and Cband.
my remarks : the dielectric plate downgrade the signal in KU.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts