Need help for friend

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey Guys a friend of mine is going to be getting *E and I need some help. He only has a 2 TV set up(1-HD, 1-SD) I would really like to get him a 722K and a 211K. Problem is when you put this scenario into *E's website they want to give you a 612 and a 211. Is there anyway I can make this work? I know you can't request certain receivers so I'm curious on what your thoughts are?

Why do you want him to have two HD receivers with just one HDTV, unless he plans to get a second soon?

call dishstore and tell them what you want
they can handle it for you

Sounds like the best approach to me. Anyway, sounds like a ViP722 series is all you really need. He can independently watch his HDTV and SDTV and have a shared DVR so he could watch recordings from either TV.

Sounds like the best approach to me. Anyway, sounds like a ViP722 series is all you really need. He can independently watch his HDTV and SDTV and have a shared DVR so he could watch recordings from either TV.

He needs to have 2 independent receivers. The second TV is located in his basement which he rents out. But like Iceberg said I will just sign him up as having 2 HDTV's and a SD TV

Interesting situation - the second unit is for a rental unit, but that rental unit is just a part of the main home. I guess you could make an argument either way, but I suspect Dish sees it as requiring two accounts, since they would define it as two households.

It's none of Dish's concern if he rents out a room or two. It's just another receiver at the owner's service address. No different than any of his other utilities.

First, why would they call at all? Second, it's HIS basement...I think he can get to it.

why do they call anyone? because they can, and dish can be a pain

if i were renting it from him i would not want him in there unless i was home
renters have rights too

Interesting situation - the second unit is for a rental unit, but that rental unit is just a part of the main home. I guess you could make an argument either way, but I suspect Dish sees it as requiring two accounts, since they would define it as two households.

Negative- 1 mailing address for him and his roomate= 1 account

Who in their right mind would not maintain access to their own basement, where probably resides the Furnace and access to other utilities? In your case, don't rent from him.
Edit: See above....ROOMMATE!

Who in their right mind would not maintain access to their own basement, where probably resides the Furnace and access to other utilities? In your case, don't rent from him.
Edit: See above....ROOMMATE!

there is a difference between renting out and roommates
renting out suggests the person only has the use of the basement area. basically its being considered a separate residence
roommates suggests they each have equal access to the entire home and share all bills accordingly

there is a difference between renting out and roommates
renting out suggests the person only has the use of the basement area. basically its being considered a separate residence
roommates suggests they each have equal access to the entire home and share all bills accordingly

Well, all that really matters is the particular "rental" AGREEMENT, right?

that is how my dad has it. When he built his house 22 years ago the basement is a full apartment. He rents it out and its considered separate. Its still one address and the only utility that has it "different" is the Telco because he has his own number and the renter has their own number. The Telco has it designated "apt upstairs" and "apt downstairs" on their records but the bills show the same addy.

We've got a 301 down there...and my dad has access to it as the washer/dryer/furnace is down there :)
She only comes upstairs if he is out of town and the a/c needs to be turned on. He goes down there to do laundry

Legally its the same house...no apt # or anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)