Need help for satellite install - Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sar2012

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Sarnia, ON
I install a Qsat 36" dish on my roof in order to get some Asian channels but have difficulty to get more than 83% strength and 38 quality! Could you please help me to identify of what I do wrong.

The days I adjust my disk: sky very clear. No obtruction of any kind from my dish to the direction of the satellite.

The following are my installation details:
DISH: Qsat 36"
CABLE: 6 ft from LNB to satellite finder WS-6908.
LNB: DMS International JSC321 S-2 Single Universal Ku LNBF
with Input Freq.: 10.7 - 11.7 GHz & 11.7 - 12.75 GHz
Output Freq: 950 - 1950 MHz & 1100 - 2150 MHz
Low Freq.: 9.75 GHz & 10.6 GHz
Noise figure: 0.1 dB
SATELLITE SIGNAL FINDER METER: SATlink WS-6908 SETUP:
Satellite: Galaxy 19 Ku at 97.0 W
LNB type: Universal
Lo: 9750
Hi: 10750
TP Freq.: 12152
Symbol rate: 20000
Polarity: H
22k Tone: Auto
DiSeqc: off
Switch type: none
Tone burst: off
True North Azimuth: 201
Elevation: 38.2
Skew: 15.2

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is the dish mast perfectly plumb?

Have you set the skew on the LNBF?

Have you tried slightly adjusting the LNBF in and out of the bracket?

Are you sure the LNBF is pointing to the center of the dish?

Just some starter check off things...

Is the dish mast perfectly plumb? As I install the dish on my outdoor antenna tower,
the mast is about 1.5o off. I must correct that to get it plumb perfectly? Is this a must? I have to find a way of installing this correctly plumb.

Have you set the skew on the LNBF? Yes I do set the skew on the LNBF.

Have you tried slightly adjusting the LNBF in and out of the bracket? No, I did not try this.

Are you sure the LNBF is pointing to the center of the dish? I did try to point the LNBF to the center of the dish.

Just some starter check off things...

Thank you very much.

How about some pictures. Someone may see something that's not obvious to you.
"Outdoor antenna tower" - Hopefully the dish is not on the top, Really not advisable as towers are designed to sway.

Try setting 10600 as the LOF on your meter, since you are using a universal LNBF, but as stated above if the mast is not perfectly plumb, you are whistling in the wind....

These are pictures of my dish installation. As the outdoor antenna tower is tappered, the mast follow the slop of the tower. I will find a way to correct it.

I will try Lo Freq: 10600 but what is the Hi Freq setting? When I select LNB type Universal, the Satlink WS-6908 is automatically set LoF: 9750 and HiF: 10750 but I can override them.

I also will check back/adjust the LNB holding bar to make sure that the LNB is well pointing to the center of the dish.

Last edited:
The HiLO for your LNBF is 10600. You will either need to set the HiLO to 10600 or chose single/standard LNB and set to 10600 but you must then turn 22khz setting to ON. This is because an universal LNB must have 22khz set to ON to select the second LO frequency.

Setting the LowLO to 10600 will not work. Setting single/standard to 10600 without 22khz being set to ON will not work.

I started to re-enforce the dish mast to its perfect plumbing position, set the skew, adjust the LNB to correctly pointing to the center of the disk and well align the dish to the required Azimuth. Next connect the satellite finder and slowly rise the dish until the finder sounds almost continoustly then I tie the dish to that elevation. Finally I move the dish horizontally a little bit to find the best signal/quality. My dish is working well now.

It was so easy and fast when the dish is correctly pointing to the required Azimuth. The magnetic Azimuth work very well with a good compass. For this, I install a string from the dish mast to the direction of the satellite and adjust the angle of the string until the string is perfectly match the magnetic Azimuth then adust the dish to have the LNB aligned to the string.

Thank you so much for all of your advices.

When I first connect satellite cable to my Pansat 9500 for Galaxy 19 with its default transponder, Signal: 49%, Quality: 5%!!! I thought that this receiver is broken as my old Coolsat 6000 works well.

After trying a blind scan, my Pansat 9500 locks Galaxy 19 with a new transponder. Signal: 98%, Quality: 75%. All channels are very good.

Thank again.

When I first connect satellite cable to my Pansat 9500 for Galaxy 19 with its default transponder, Signal: 49%, Quality: 5%!!! I thought that this receiver is broken as my old Coolsat 6000 works well.
Probably pre-loaded with a few inactive, as well as active, transponders. I check a couple of lists, or ask, for an active transponder and manually add it to look for a new satellite.
After trying a blind scan, my Pansat 9500 locks Galaxy 19 with a new transponder. Signal: 98%, Quality: 75%. All channels are very good.
It found and saved all the active transponders.
:up :up

For the Pansat 9500, in the setup menu to record broadcasts, what does "PS Record" means? Could you please explain.

Last edited:
PS will record just the "channel', or Program Stream. TS will record the "Transport Stream" which is all channels on the transponder. With advanced players, it's possible to play any of the channels recorded, in the TS mode, by selecting different PIDs. (PS files will* be smaller than the TS files saving recording media space) *if the transponder has multiple channels in the stream.
H-264 (MPEG4) may only record in TS format. (it's that way in my openboxS9)

FaT Air,

Your explaination is very clear. So I should select PS (ON) as I just want to record the channel. Thank you very much.

Below is the answer from Pansat that I got this morning:
"PS means " Programming Stream". This menu is not necessary for regular user for recording and replay. However the chip maker made it for professional user purpose.
Therefore you can leave On or OFF which does not make any difference."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)