Need help for Superdish 121. Is it a bad lnb?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jzlitao

Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Got a superdish 121 with Dp34 from eb*y. Tried to set it up and failed.

Using DP301 receiver and checked switch. It shows:
Installed Switch :DP34

Input: 1 2 3
Satelite Conn x x
Polarity X X X
Device: Dual X X

I switched cable on Dp34 and got same status.

Tested with ohm meter and no connection for 2 and 3 lnbs. the dual LNB is ok.

Does this mean I got a bad Superdish ?

Thanks for anyone help me out of this problem.

I just went through the same thing as well. I found another thread where this was explained. The dish isn't aimed, so the receiver isn't getting a signal from 121 and 119. I forgot what the option is on that screen, but you'll see the error message if you select it. It should say something like "no signal detected". Once you have it aimed correctly, it should all be good, according to the other gentleman anyways. I haven't been able to aim mine yet. I have to put a tower up so I can see past the trees. :(

Good luck!
Chris

When I check switch for my old Dishpro 500 without aiming to satelite, the msg shows twin LNB are connected and if I use an ohm meter to test the cable , it shows the LNBs are conected.

If I switched back to Superdish, no luck for that.

Base on what you said, I should aim to the satelite and then check switch. Is it right?

Just wonder how to test LNB to know whether it is bad.

Thanks.

n9xcr said:
I just went through the same thing as well. I found another thread where this was explained. The dish isn't aimed, so the receiver isn't getting a signal from 121 and 119. I forgot what the option is on that screen, but you'll see the error message if you select it. It should say something like "no signal detected". Once you have it aimed correctly, it should all be good, according to the other gentleman anyways. I haven't been able to aim mine yet. I have to put a tower up so I can see past the trees. :(

Good luck!
Chris

well the simplest way to check is to remove the switch and make sure you have the 119 sat lnbf and just barrel it direct to your rec.. and if it reads you can try the other two they will give you the 110 and then the 121. but if your 119 doesnt read 119 feed you may not have the dish peaked in correct,if all your sats read without the switch then its your switch.. if your still not getting anything it could be the lnbf or the fact you just may not be pointed at the right sat... and you are peaking in off the 119 lnbf right??

According the superdish instruction,the outermost LNB
for the 121 SuperDish Antenna is the 110 LNB and I have confirmed that 110 LNB is the dual LNB connected at port 1. So now I am trying to peak dish to 110 and after that I plan to peak 121. My friend who has the same type of superdish will come to help me setup the peak. Will let you know the come out.

Thanks for help!

cali_installer said:
well the simplest way to check is to remove the switch and make sure you have the 119 sat lnbf and just barrel it direct to your rec.. and if it reads you can try the other two they will give you the 110 and then the 121. but if your 119 doesnt read 119 feed you may not have the dish peaked in correct,if all your sats read without the switch then its your switch.. if your still not getting anything it could be the lnbf or the fact you just may not be pointed at the right sat... and you are peaking in off the 119 lnbf right??

Peaked 110 , then moved to 121 and 119 with no luck. So I moved LNBS and Dp34 to my friends superdish 121 pole and got same results. So it is a dead LNBS.

Thanks guys for your help.

jzlitao said:
Peaked 110 , then moved to 121 and 119 with no luck. So I moved LNBS and Dp34 to my friends superdish 121 pole and got same results. So it is a dead LNBS.

Thanks guys for your help.

99% of the time people can't get signal they blame the LNB's which almost are NEVER the cause :)

Make sure your skew is right
Peak on 110 and the rest should fall into place