Need help getting HD local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lcazorla

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
Whats up to all, I am new, just got my first HDTV plasma TV, but no HD receiver. SO it really sucks right now, having a HDTV with no channels in HD. So Please help me, I live in the miami area, and thinking of getting in OTA antenna to start off, so I can gel local channels in HD, but I don't even know if I have local channels here in the miami area zip 33138, I went to antennaweb and when I see the web site, its like chinese to me, dont get it. So if anyone knows if Miami area receives HD local channels if yes, what OTA antenna do you recommend to get the best picture. Thanks so much, I need to see my HDTV.

lcazorla said:
Whats up to all, I am new, just got my first HDTV plasma TV, but no HD receiver. SO it really sucks right now, having a HDTV with no channels in HD. So Please help me, I live in the miami area, and thinking of getting in OTA antenna to start off, so I can gel local channels in HD, but I don't even know if I have local channels here in the miami area zip 33138, I went to antennaweb and when I see the web site, its like chinese to me, dont get it. So if anyone knows if Miami area receives HD local channels if yes, what OTA antenna do you recommend to get the best picture. Thanks so much, I need to see my HDTV.

Ok, things look good for you on antennaweb. All the major stations seem to broadcast from close to the same area, about 10 miles north of you.

First you need a HD receiver / tuner. Radio shack is selling on clearance for about $90 that does a pretty good job.

Accurian HTS 6000

It seems to be available at several Radio Shack locations near you.

You will also need an antenna. Your stations broadcast in both UHF and VHF. Since you are so close to the towers, you can probably pull in good receptions with a regular pair of rabbit ears. If you dont' have something like that sitting around, pick up something like this also at Radio Shack.

Antenna

You should be able to pull in a bunch of stations with that setup.

Let us know how it goes and if you any more questions.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US icazoria. Yes most all the stations can be recived OTA
very well. Unfortunately, you will need to turn your antenna 180 deg. to get WPB
stations. Be sure to get antenna that is both UHF/VHF, as both freq. are available.
The publishers at AVS forum have a link specific to Miami area, that may get you a
more timely response. It is currently @166 pages, but save some time by clicking
on later pages........ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=43823&page=1&pp=20&highlight=south

I live west of pittsburgh and am thinking about getting directv to install an hdtv antenna for me when I order my hdtivo. I want to know if it will be able to pickup all the stations I want and also be able to get the digital extra channels (like weather plus and abc news now). How can I find this out since antenna web doesn't list weather plus or news now.

Question, Do I hook up this HDTV reciever Accurian HTS 6000
to my directv reciever, or directly to the TV. Or should I have to replace my current reciever to and HD reciever and just get the OTA antenna. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts