Need help in finding an MT2 module

Shayna

Original poster
Dec 24, 2020
Rochester, NY
I need to buy an MT2 TV Antenna Integration Module (P/N ES162303).

Dish "forgot" to tell me that by going from a 625 receiver to a ViP722k receiver, I would not have an instant connector for my rooftop antenna that Dish installed, and they knew I had, and that I had to fend for myself on that one. I also need to be sure that "if" I need to set one of my TVs to Channel 3, I can. Only after getting the 722k in hand did I see the deficiencies.

Does anyone have a source or sources for me to check out?

One online source shows the module is on backorder, and I'm waiting to hear back after the holiday if they, in fact, expect to restock.

Many thanks in advance for any leads.

One online source shows the module is on backorder, and I'm waiting to hear back after the holiday if they, in fact, expect to restock.
I can't imagine any of those MT2 modules are made any longer. If anybody gets a shipment, it would be a refurb. Used? Maybe a member here will ship you one.

I can offer you my 722 with built-in OTA tuner, but it has it's own deficiencies, such as inability to tune an OTA channel from the TV2 output. But I could have sworn 722's have channel 3 output...

But I could have sworn 722's have channel 3 output...
For the 722k (or any "k" series receiver that needs that module) the channel 3 output is on the module. Otherwise, you use the modulated "TV2" output to send signals for TV2 and/or TV1 to other TV's, on channels of your choosing.

Used? Maybe a member here will ship you one.
You guessed correctly.

I need to buy an MT2 TV Antenna Integration Module (P/N ES162303).
How much were you looking to pay for one? Let me know in a private conversation. I could ship it as soon as tomorrow if you want mine.

Interestingly, someone posted a similar thread over on dbstalk earlier this week. A member there has an MT2 module available, but it is buried in storage somewhere. I know exactly where mine is, though. :)

Reactions: Shayna
I can't imagine any of those MT2 modules are made any longer. If anybody gets a shipment, it would be a refurb. Used? Maybe a member here will ship you one.

I can offer you my 722 with built-in OTA tuner, but it has it's own deficiencies, such as inability to tune an OTA channel from the TV2 output. But I could have sworn 722's have channel 3 output...
Thank you for the offer, but TV2 is the TV I am most especially concerned about. My mother lives with us and has Alzheimer's, and that is her TV. When the satellite signal goes out (which can be frequent out in the boonies), I switch her over to OTA channels.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thank you for the offer, but TV2 is the TV I am most especially concerned about. My mother lives with us and has Alzheimer's, and that is her TV. When the satellite signal goes out (which can be frequent out in the boonies), I switch her over to OTA channels.
The MT2 module allows OTA channels to be seen on both TV's, so this should work just fine for you.

TheKrell I don't recall 722s having a channel 3 output. Both 722 and 722k have a Home Distribution coax out port. With the MT2 OTA Module added to the 722k provides an OTA coax input and a TV1 CH 3-4 coax out port.

Attachments

• 722k DISH_OTA_Module_Guide.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • 722.jpg
    722.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 159
  • 722k.jpg
    722k.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Sad
I don't recall 722s having a channel 3 output.
You appear to be right. It took me awhile but I found this:
TV1/TV2 stereo Agile modulated output (channels 21-69 (Air) or 73-125 (Cable)).
And to make matters worse, I never saw a good picture (at least not up two floors) on that so-called home distribution output. Noisy as hell.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You appear to be right. It took me awhile but I found this:
I held off a while going from 722s to Hoppers because the Hopper doesn't have the Home Distribution modulated out coax port. That was a nice feature of the 722s for the old TVs. I have a RF Modulator installed on both my Hopper 3s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)