Need help local digital reception on dish network 921

pesla5439

Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
I just switched from Directv HD to Dish Network to get a 921 HD DVR. While with Directv, I received all of my local digitals with no problem. When the 921 was installed, I replaced my antenna with a better high def antenna. After setting up, one of my local channels with a transmission tower less than 8 miles from my home, does not come in. I've tried adding the channel manually. When I do, the signal meter will not go above 70 and the station won't lock in. All other local digital channels are coming in and the signal meter is at or near the peak. Anyone have any clue what I should do next? Could this be a problem with my 921? I can't imagine that I have to live without HD for my local NBC affilliate (Cleveland)

Doubtful it's bad 921 if your other OTA stations are coming in ok. The 921 is a little less sensitive than other receivers though, and channels that came in with different units may not come in as strong.

You can try re-orienting your antenna and see if that helps.

Even though the station is only 8 miles away, it may be broadcasting at low power. If moving the antenna doesn't help, then I'd suggest either getting a bigger antenna (sounds like you did though) or putting in a signal amplifier. That's what I did and it worked wonders.

I would not do anything yet.

There is a new software update comming in the next couple of weeks that Mark says will correct a lot of the OTA problems.

Wait until you have the new software to try anything new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts