Need help "Moving" want HD local and no Sport blackout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I would like to "move" to an area where I can get HD locals and also get Philly Sports mainly the Flyers. I live in North East PA and right now my rsn is from New York. I know if I "move" to Philly I will have blackouts for the Flyers games on Center Ice, so that is a no go. Where I am at now New York games are blacked out from my rsn but not on Center Ice. What I do not know is... if I "move" to New York will games also be blacked out on Center Ice? If yes, where would be a good area to move to. I will get my locals OTA but would like to have the ability to dvr more than 2 network HD feeds at the same time.

if you want hd locals, you only have four choices: philly, nyc, boston, or washington dc.

all four markets have the "big 4" networks in HD. if you moved to nyc you would also get sd feeds of the cw and mytv.

in theory, the flyers should only be blacked out on the center ice package in philly. of course, you'd really have to test this to find out for sure. i'd try a "move" to nyc first and see what happens. if the flyers are blacked out, then try boston or washington dc. just keep "moving" until you find a location that works for what you want.

games that are blacked cannot be viewed by that viewing area. you would need to be in a different viewing area to watch blackout games from other areas.

You could try Chambersburg, PA (Franklin County). You'll get both Harrisburg & Washington locals (with Washington in HD), it does not fall into regional blackouts for Philly on RSN's, and is far enough not to be blacked out from CenterIce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)