Need Help New to fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dig500

Original poster
May 25, 2013
Big island Hawaii
I live on the big island of Hawaii Just got my self a 39" dish and a X2 M1 Mini satellite Receiver from amazon been trying to get Amc21 But the max Quality i get is 30% i can't get any better. Also Tried AMC1 and Galaxy 19 could not get them to work ether. Do i need a different Receiver Or is the dish to small any information would be helpful Thank You.

I'm On Hilo's side at 2500 Ft elevation :confused:

I live on the big island of Hawaii Just got my self a 39" dish and a X2 M1 Mini satellite Receiver from amazon been trying to get Amc21 But the max Quality i get is 30% i can't get any better. Also Tried AMC1 and Galaxy 19 could not get them to work ether. Do i need a different Receiver Or is the dish to small any information would be helpful Thank You.

Dish is too small.. you would prob need a 1.2m minimum for proper signal.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome. The receiver is only capable of receiving MPEG2 DVBS channels. This will limit the channels on many satellites. The dish size is adequate to receive many satellites, but it will be undersized to receive many of the channels that we can receive on the mainland.

AMC21 channels are mostly in DVBS2 format and you may only be able to receive a few channels on that satellite.

AMC1 requires a unique skew that is 25 degrees off from they standard angle. You are in a region with low signal strength that may be difficult to receive. TP 11940 might give you the beach cameras, but not much else on that satellite is DVBS.

Galaxy 19 is your best choice for MPEG2 DVBS channels and perfectly receivable with your 90cm dish. Be sure that the install menu has the correct LNB LO setting that matches your LNB LO. Select an active TP such as 12177 and set the skew on the LNBF to the approximate angle. Set the dish azimuth and elevation settings to approximate angles.

With a small TV next to the dish, watch the quality meter and slowly pan the dish 10-15 degrees on either side of the estimated compass reading. If no signal quality reading, increase or decrease in one degree increments and repeat the sweeping movements until the satellite signal is found and reading peaked.

From your location according to satstar.net beamfinder, it probably won't make any difference to increase the dish to 1.2m. You should be able to receive AMC21 and Galaxy 19 (about 46dBW signal for each of these satellites in Hilo). You probably won't get AMC1 (only 42dBW signal in Hilo) with a 39-inch or 1.2 meter dish.

Things to consider: improve quality of LNB, is LNB exactly at sweet spot on dish, is dish distorted, are both elevation and azimuth of dish exactly correct, is mast perfectly vertical.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)