need help on a few questions.

Jerry 226

Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
Kokomo
I want to sign up for dish network if I can find some info.

1. I bought a wine guard carry out G2+ to use on my motorhome. If I get dish network can I use The main receiver from home or do I have to buy my own receiver for my mh?

2. how good is dish when it rains or storms?

Thanks for any help.

I want to sign up for dish network if I can find some info.

1. I bought a wine guard carry out G2+ to use on my motorhome. If I get dish network can I use The main receiver from home or do I have to buy my own receiver for my mh?

2. how good is dish when it rains or storms?

Thanks for any help.
What receiver do you have? Rain fade is about the same Directv or DISH both will fail in heavy rain or snow . The satellite that you get your signal from also affects your rain fade.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't have a receiver. my question was can I use the receiver from home in my motor home or do I have to buy one my self to put in the motorhome. I am new to sat. tv and before I sign up I was trying to get some questions answered. Thanks

It depends. You can use the receiver from your home if you get the right one. However, I'd recommend just getting an extra one for your RV. That way you have a "better" receiver at home.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With the Winegard Carryout, you'll want to use a DISH receiver from the 211 family or a Wally. These are single tuner HD receivers with the option to add DVR capability by adding your own external hard drive. The Carryout can support 2 of these receivers. The Carryout is not compatible with Hopper/Joey systems. Due to the small size of the dish, Rain Fade will be more of an issue with the Carryout than on your home setup.

I think you put the cart before the horse.
Why would you buy a carry out dish before you know what service you will be using. It's like going to an auto parts store and buying a carburetor, than asking if you should buy a new Ford to install it on.
Both Dish and Direct offer a variety of receivers. Different receivers require different dishes/LNBs.
A better approach is to decide which service you want than which receiver you want to use at home. Then what you need to do in your RV to use that same receiver.
I spent 10 years in an RV with Dish for my service provider. 5 of those years were full time.
If I were where you are, I would choose a Dish Hopper 3 system for the house and an appropriate roof mounted dish set up so I could carry the receiver from the house to the RV. Depending on your frequency of travel and where the receiver will be located in the house and RV, you may quickly tire of disconnecting and reconnecting things. Often the receivers are placed in cabinets where you can't see and can barely touch the connections.
You may ultimately choose to have a second Hopper 3 installed in the "spare bedroom "/RV.

I take my Dish Hopper with me when on the road since nobody is home to watch tv. That way I get all my recorded content and a great DVR. I use a Winegard Travl’r mounted on the roof. I always pick RV parks that have decent views of the western arc.

I think you put the cart before the horse.
Why would you buy a carry out dish before you know what service you will be using. It's like going to an auto parts store and buying a carburetor, than asking if you should buy a new Ford to install it on.
Both Dish and Direct offer a variety of receivers. Different receivers require different dishes/LNBs.
A better approach is to decide which service you want than which receiver you want to use at home. Then what you need to do in your RV to use that same receiver.
I spent 10 years in an RV with Dish for my service provider. 5 of those years were full time.
If I were where you are, I would choose a Dish Hopper 3 system for the house and an appropriate roof mounted dish set up so I could carry the receiver from the house to the RV. Depending on your frequency of travel and where the receiver will be located in the house and RV, you may quickly tire of disconnecting and reconnecting things. Often the receivers are placed in cabinets where you can't see and can barely touch the connections.
You may ultimately choose to have a second Hopper 3 installed in the "spare bedroom "/RV.

I bought a winegard G2+ because it will work with dish or direct tv. they always have price deals for service if you are a new customer. I can switch back and forth to keep a good price every 2 years. So I am not as dumb as you project. Thanks for your imput any way.

With the Winegard Carryout, you'll want to use a DISH receiver from the 211 family or a Wally. These are single tuner HD receivers with the option to add DVR capability by adding your own external hard drive. The Carryout can support 2 of these receivers. The Carryout is not compatible with Hopper/Joey systems. Due to the small size of the dish, Rain Fade will be more of an issue with the Carryout than on your home setup.

Thank you very much. Now I know the dish receivers wont work with my winegard and I will buy a 211z and all will work. And if I get direct tv later I can buy a receiver for it also. Thanks again

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts