Need help on cascadable multi-switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ktong

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Sorry if my message is too long or that it's a redundant. I've searched but could not find a definitely answer.

I have an Triple LNB Oval 3 dish with 4 build-in outputs switch(on the dish) and 3 receivers. Unfortunately, only 2 wires are running down from the dish to the cables central box where all the cables are then go to the rooms. Since I have 3 receivers but with only 2 cables running down from the dish and I DON'T WANNA RUN THE 3RD AND 4TH wires down, so I'll need to have a multi-switch. I tried various 2x3 and 3x4 like RCA, Terk, Dynex but without success. I'm still not getting all the channels that I suppose to get.

I think this is all due to the reason that the dish has a build in switch. Do you guys knkow any switch that will work for my situation? I've heard of switches call "cascadable multi-switch" that will send the signal correctly, but will the 2x4 or 3x4 cascadable multiswitch works in my case? I just try to avoid running anymore wires down from the dish. If you guys think it will work, then we can I purchase the switch at a local store? I live in Los Angeles, California. Thanks a bunch!

Kurt

If you want all three birds, you'll need to run the two extra lines. Without going to a stacked system ($$$), there is no other way around this.

yep, CableMN is right... Adding multi-switch to the existing lines screws the multi-switch up in the LNB...

Just Bring 2 more lines down and ground them with a Ground Block and run lines to the rooms where the revceivers are.

Just do it and get it over with, you will be alot happier!
or hire a PRO!

CablerMN said:
If you want all three birds, you'll need to run the two extra lines. Without going to a stacked system ($$$), there is no other way around this.

CablerMN, thanks for the quick reply. I thought each of the 4 wires coming from the dish carry the same signal, therefore a multi-switch should be able to split from 2 to 4. Like what if you want 9 lines, then you can use a multiswitch that will take in 4 or even 2 and out 9 right? Thanks again.

022266 said:
You need a powered Mulit for that but it requires the 4 lines in

It seems like I have no other ways around this by just using the 2 lines? I'm just trying to avoid running anymore wires but I guess I'll have to.

Think of it this way, rather in terms of splitting ....

Line 1 - 101, Odd Transponders (+13v)
Line 2 - 101, Even Transponders (+18v)
Line 3 - 119, Odd Transponders (+13 v & 22Khz tone)
Line 4 - 119, Even Transponders and 110 Transponders (+18 v & 22Khz tone)

Yes, each line carries all three birds to a single receiver when it is not obstructed.

However, when you put two lines on any multi-switch from a multi-switch (or phaseIII dish in this case), you get the equivalent of Line 1 and line 2 only as shown above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)