Need help on KA/KU install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ilikepiehole

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I've read about enough but can't find no answers, so here it goes........
I went from a phase III to a KA/KU dish for my H20-600. Signal strength on 101
is averaging 92% On 110/119 signal strength is high 80's This is the problem:

On the 99 bird I only have ..I want to say no transponders showing on either station 10/11 therefore no signal strength........is this bird operational ??

On the 103 bird I'm averaging 65% strength on station 14 all but 1 transponder
On station 15 no transponders therefore no signal strength

Okay, I might have got the stations mixed up but just wanted to know....
if 99 is operational and is 103 fully operational is just half ??

Charlotte, NC:confused:

Are you missing any channels you subscribe to? 99 & 103 are currently only spot beam HD LIL and you will only "see" what is being sent to your region, if anything at all. So you like likely need 1 tps from either 99 OR 103, but not ALL, and not both 99 & 103. Both 99 & 103 are fully operational; that is not saying that they do or do not have any open transponder space; which I am sure they do.

Last edited:
Are you missing any channels you subscribe to? 99 & 103 are currently only spot beam HD LIL and you will only "see" what is being sent to your region, if anything at all. So you like likely need 1 tps from either 99 OR 103, but not ALL, and not both 99 & 103. Both 99 & 103 are fully operational; that is not saying that they do or do not have any open transponder space; which I am sure they do.

So.....what your trying to say.....if my locals are coming in HD lite, I most likely got everything I'm paying for. I sub to the HD package and get 70 through 79 no problem. I used an OTA/H10 to get my locals when they broadcasted in HD but since I got the H20 I thought I'd give it a shot. That would explain my locals on the H20 then, I get duplicate network channels, i guess 1 HD lite channel and 1 digital channel.....true ??

So.....what your trying to say.....if my locals are coming in HD lite, I most likely got everything I'm paying for. I sub to the HD package and get 70 through 79 no problem. I used an OTA/H10 to get my locals when they broadcasted in HD but since I got the H20 I thought I'd give it a shot. That would explain my locals on the H20 then, I get duplicate network channels, i guess 1 HD lite channel and 1 digital channel.....true ??

Just FYI the MPEG-4 locals are not in HD-lite, they are in real HD. Right now DirecTV has plenty of bandwidth on the new satellites - will it last, who knows??

Your locals are on 99, probably just one transponder. The H20 has a bug which stops it reporting the 99 signal strengths but if you get the HD locals OK don't worry.
Any signals you see on 103 are spotbeams for other cities, you just happen to be in the spotbeam.

If you have OTA and DirecTV HD locals you will see three entries in the guide for each HD local station, one for the HD MPEG-4 local (this will have the station callsign), one for the OTA local (e.g, 4-1 for a channel 4 primary subchannel) and then the SD local (e.g. DL4 in Dallas, don't know what the two-letter code is for the Charlotte locals)

Just FYI the MPEG-4 locals are not in HD-lite, they are in real HD. Right now DirecTV has plenty of bandwidth on the new satellites - will it last, who knows??

Your locals are on 99, probably just one transponder. The H20 has a bug which stops it reporting the 99 signal strengths but if you get the HD locals OK don't worry.
Any signals you see on 103 are spotbeams for other cities, you just happen to be in the spotbeam.

If you have OTA and DirecTV HD locals you will see three entries in the guide for each HD local station, one for the HD MPEG-4 local (this will have the station callsign), one for the OTA local (e.g, 4-1 for a channel 4 primary subchannel) and then the SD local (e.g. DL4 in Dallas, don't know what the two-letter code is for the Charlotte locals)

Is this ture for all regions? I get the LILHD but it says 99 "failed".

Thanks for the info.......I did get the 99 failed message and I get all three entries using the OTA. I think the OTA gives a much better HD quality picture than DTV delivers....but thats just me. I was worried that I was missing something something since I was not getting any signal strength on 99.....or transponder at that (Using IRD as a signal meter). So with that being said.........I can rest assured with peace in mind that my install was a success.

Many thanks for the info !!!:up

Is this ture for all regions? I get the LILHD but it says 99 "failed".

As I said in my post, if you have an H20 there is a bug which causes the 99 sat to show "failed" even if it is OK. If you are receiving your HD locals OK don't worry about it!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.