Need help on new dish install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeuser

Original poster
May 9, 2013
elmhurst, ny
I plan on becoming a new subscriber. Here's what we are looking to get.
America's Top 120: $24.99/mo (for the first year, then $49.99/mo)
Hindi Megapack: $54.99/mo (this is available on the 119 satellite: Dish 119W)
Number of tvs: 3
Receivers: 1Duo Vip 222k and 1 Solo (Duo: Free, Solo: $7/mo)

What I want to know is what is the correct satellite dish installation for my home: Eastern/Western ARC? and which Dish: 1000.2 or 1000.4? And which LNBF? Do we need more than 1 Dish on the roof?
I don't know which satellite carries of Local channels (in SD or HD). NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX/PBS etc... (is it 129W?)
Also, we may be connecting more TVs in the future so we want to have the install capable of simply adding one more coax to the connectivity and be good to go rather than re-work the existing install.

So what I want to know is what is the right configuration and should we be specifically asking for a particular type of install.
For instance, with the Duo VIP 222K receiver, the connectivity should be such that the cabling from the receiver to the 2nd TV should NOT be routed from inside the house. I was told a diplexer/triplexer should be used, does this make sense?

Are there diagrams which describe the connections from the satellite to the VIP222K and the 2nd TV with the diplexer / triplexer?

Please help.

Thanks,
J

Just to update you that for intl channels you need 118. So you will have to go with WA setup. Are you doing self install? If not an installer should set you up with correct setup.. btw why dont you install with hopper +joey setup?

Yep, seems like a Hopper system is best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We don't want the DVR. And even if we get the DVR (Hopper + Joeys) initially, if we decide we want to cancel DVR service, what then? Are we screwed or does dish allow downgrading the package from DVR to non-dvr and let you keep the Hopper and Joey?
Plus the way I see it, my 3 tv setup will cost an extra 7 bucks. The hopper+joey will be an extra $24 ($10 DVR Fee + $7 x 2Joeys).

Also, I went thru lyngsat and realized that NYC based locals (NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/FOX) are only available in HD on the Eastern Arc. International: Western Arc.
since the EA has MPEG4 and is newer, I might have to get them to install the 61.5/72/77 EA using the Dish 1000+ and use a separate Dish 500+ for the International.

Is there any way these locals are carried on the western arc?

J

We don't want the DVR. And even if we get the DVR (Hopper + Joeys) initially, if we decide we want to cancel DVR service, what then? Are we screwed or does dish allow downgrading the package from DVR to non-dvr and let you keep the Hopper and Joey?
Plus the way I see it, my 3 tv setup will cost an extra 7 bucks. The hopper+joey will be an extra $24 ($10 DVR Fee + $7 x 2Joeys).

Also, I went thru lyngsat and realized that NYC based locals (NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/FOX) are only available in HD on the Eastern Arc. International: Western Arc.
since the EA has MPEG4 and is newer, I might have to get them to install the 61.5/72/77 EA using the Dish 1000+ and use a separate Dish 500+ for the International.

Is there any way these locals are carried on the western arc?

J

The 1000+ is a Western Arc dish only, you will need 2 dish probably a 1000.2EA for your locals. You cannot cancel DVR and keep the receiver it is a function of the receiver except on the 211 receivers.

There really isn't a program to downgrade equipment, but if you are unhappy with something chances are you can go back to older equipment. If you get the Hopper system you will have DVR features no matter what. What is the reason behind not wanting the DVR? I run into customers every once in a while that say they don't want it and it blows my mind.

There really isn't a program to downgrade equipment, but if you are unhappy with something chances are you can go back to older equipment. If you get the Hopper system you will have DVR features no matter what. What is the reason behind not wanting the DVR? I run into customers every once in a while that say they don't want it and it blows my mind.

I think he mentioned it's the cost.

You will be suprised. Once you try a dvr, you never want to go back to a non dvr receiver. The ability to pause a program while you makle a call or go the the bathroom, record 2 shows at once and skip commercials will spoil you. I don't know how many times we have had people say they don't want/need a dvr that we have talked into getting one. They then come back and thank us.

Paying for a DVR is like buying a 6 pack of beer once a month. I don't think anyone would think twice about buying a 6 pack once a month.

Alrighty Folks,

I got my Dish installed. Got a 1000.4 (61.5/72/77) and the DishPlus (118) for international programming.
My Signal range on the VIP222k and VIP211 show the following:
61.5 : >=59
72 : >=65
77 : >=62
118 : >= 58

What bothers me is that the scale goes all the way up to 125 or so and I thinking the range I'm getting is about less than half.
Am I getting good reception? There is barely any cloud cover and the next rain forecast is more than a week away.
Are these numbers any good?

Thanks.

Don't pay any attention to the 125, its the old scale. You are getting great reception and you should have little trouble with rain fade...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)