Need help on Self Installing Dish 1000.2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

victap

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
SD/TJ Border Region
1. Can any one guide me to install a Dish 1000.2?
2. Do I need a DPP44 switch?

I currently have a Dish 500. About 6 mo. ago, I got a call from Dish that my equipment and antenna had to be upgraded. Because of my job, I have to live on the Mexican side of the border. When asked to move from LA to SY/TIJ area I took all my stuff and installed the system myself and worked great.

Since that call in August, I keep getting LBN drifts (-05) on 119 and loss of signals. The installer came to my office in Laguna Hills and did not wanted to drop the equipment because it was not right (but Dish never coplaints when I pay $116/mo for my programing) He took the replacement receivers and antenna.

I bought an antenna myself and will install, however, I cannot find info on wich satellite to aim the system for innitial setup. For the 500 I aimed to 119 and worked fine. I have read that I have to aim to 119, 110, and 129. I currently have aimed at 119, 110, and 148 ( as it was in LA) but since august, I cannot get any local HD programing, only HBO and SHO, along with Discovery HD.

This is what I currently have:

Zip Code: 92173
2 HD receivers 811
1DVR 625
2 Dish 500 2 LBN SuperPro
2 DP34 Switchs

If there are installers out there that want to help whenever I have issues, I will be interested in listening to proposals.

I believe all HD locals are MPEG4, so your 811 being MPEG2 cannot receive these channels.

Might consider upgrade to Vip211 or Vip722 DVR modelto see all HD channels. Dish has less than 10 MPEG2 HD channels working currently.

The 1000.2 is aimed using 119. Set the Azimuth, elevation and skew according to the nearest USA zip code you can. 1000.2 has a table with info on it.

Another resource is Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values.

Input your Latitude and longitude and set satellite to 119, use skew from dish table mentioned above.

The only HD channels on 148 are Fairbanks Alaska HD locals.

LA HD locals are on 129, as are many other national HD channels, most of them are MPEG4.

If you have two Dish 500's don't even bother with a 1000.2. Keep your existing dish pointed at 110/119 and point the other dish at 129. You will get a stronger signal that way. You can use your existing 34 switch but it will require 2 cables to any dual tuner receiver, or you can purchase either a DPPTwin LNB which has a built in switch or a DPP 44 switch. Either of the DPP (DishProPlus) components will allow you to run only one cable to your receiver.

I have a brand new DPP Twin, 44 switch, and two brand new 622 receivers. If you need to purchase anything let me know.

Do a DIU upgrade!!!
and yes, have THEM install a 1000.2
(no dp44 (the 1000.2 is cheaper)
1000.2 has room for 3 twin tuners.

Call a LOCAL RETAILER

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)