Need help on specifics about our SAMI dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DeedeeO

Original poster
Mar 31, 2007
Pleasanton, CA
Hello,
We had inherited a C-band satellite dish system from the previous homeowner and now upgraded to Hi-Def capabilities with our new 1080i flatscreen TV and DISH network. We are in the process of selling our C-band equipment, but need help in obtaining more information about SAMI satellite dish. The diameter of the dish is either 6ft or 7.5ft, we believe it is polar mounted, but not sure, and is supported by a 4in steel pole along side of our home. The receiver used with the system was a GI DSR-920. What other information can be gathered about this system - specifications, price potential, etc. Any additional information would be helpful. I've attached pics for all you gurus out there that can identify these systems.
Thanks!

SAMI pic 1
SAMI pic 2

nice pix

You might throw in a picture showing more of a close-up of the mount.
Include the motor back there, too.
I know it'll be hard to get a good shot if you're photographing against the back side of the dish (all same color), so do be creative . :)

There may be a model number on a manufacturer's plate somewhere on the dish/mount, too.
Might get a shot of that.

And, mention your city.

If you want better picture quality and a lower monthly bill you may want to keep the big dish and use it for movie channels add the HDD 200 and you will love the HD picture on the big dish.

Many people use the big dish for some channels and midi dish or cable for others, you can take a look at prices here, if the dish has c/ku-band then you have a very good system:
http://www.callnps.com/
http://www.programming-center.net/

More pics

Full view of mount, motor and satellite
Close up of Mount - backview
Close up of Mount - sideview
Close up of Motor (HARL 3018+)

Model no. may be within dish and currently a little difficult to get to without a taller ladder. Will try....

And thanks for the advice. However, since we live in a residental community, the dish is BUD to many of our neighbors and currently makes the resale of our home lower than it should be. So unfortunately, we need to get rid of it. So I'm just gathering as much info as possible to get the most money from our system when we sell it.

Nice selling points, Tdti!! Thanks!

No model no. was found within the inside of the dish. However, the diameter measures 7.5 ft.
The pole supporting the dish is 13ft+

Price potential is pretty much $0. Many of us have gotten better/larger dishes than that for free.

I'd maybe pay $50 to someone for a BUD, if they take it down so I don't have to bother myself. Too many free ones out there.

I suggest that it be posted on your local Craigs List or local paper. You might make enough to pay for the first month of the new HD service.

100's of thousands of these units are sitting unused across the country as owners transition to Dish and DirecTV. Most hobbyists will remove it for free, but BUDs do not have much of a resale market.

Its a shame, too! Thats a nice clean and well-cared-for setup! Within reason, and that dish is, don't worry about what the neighbors think! :D Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)