Need help on the DP AR Pro and iPOD Touch 4G.

Junox2

Oct 15, 2011
california
I purchased this app and I can't change any options in it. For example in the Horizontal Reference mode, the default is Manual Compass. I select Manual Satellite just to see what will happen. When I select it the app, it will exit and when i open it and check it again, it still selects the default which is the Manual Satellite.

The only time it doesn't exit is when i select a new satellite and press done and I'm still inside the app. I read that the iPOD touch has no compass. I cant change the compass either.

Thanks for your help.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Sorry, I don't quite follow. The iPod Touch doesn't have a compass, so there are only two options (Manual Compass and Manual Satellite). The default is Manual Compass set at 180 degrees. You can change that value providing you have a reference from a manual handheld compass.

If you have an existing dish set up and want to know which trees need trimming, you can also stand behind the dish, select Manual Satellite and then enter the satellite corresponding to the satellite directly over the LNB arm.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Ok, get it now. It's an IOS 5 bug - just fixed it and will be submitting an update to iTunes in a few minutes.

Junox2

Oct 15, 2011
california
What's the latest Version? I have Ver 2.1.3. How do I update? It shows installed. I deleted it and installed and it's still the same version. Thanks for your help.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
The next version is 2.1.4 and has been submitted to iTunes for approval. It will take a few days till Apple reviews the app and releases them. You'll get a notification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts