Need Help PLS Sirius Audio in Car

Enigma20

Original poster
May 29, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just stumbled on this site hoping to find an answer to my question.
First let me start by saying I am the ultimate noob as far as car audio, satellite radio, wiring etc. So here goes.

I recently purchased a Sirius Stiletto100 , I was under the impression I could get service anywhere I went, since it was portable, I guess I shoulda researched it more duh. Well I can live with it as it is, so no big deal. My problem is I am trying to get the Stiletto audio to play thru my van's speakers.

If I wear the antenna headphones no signal, so I plug in a regular set of phones also, and place the antenna phones on the dash, I'm in business, I can listen in the car. But what I want to do is play it thru my speakers instead of the headphones. Sirius wants me to by a car kit, I don't want to.
I have a Chrysler van with a dvd and a built in sirius radio that I let the contract run out on, I got a yr free when I bought the van. So I am not trying to use the existing radio in the car, although that would be nice, I just want my Stilettos sound to come out my speakers.

I goto Best Buy and they sell me an audio cable that fits the earphone jack on the Stiletto and i have a set of yellow, white and red jacks on my dash. I plug into the audio jacks and hit my aux button, on my screen is sirius channel 184 and a message to call them to buy a new contract. No sound. I think ( and remember I am a noob) that sirius is interfering with my au:mad:not on purpose lol) so that the sound doesn't come out. I am probably wrong.
So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I just weant to pipe the sound to the speakers without bying a car kit or a 2nd acct.
Thanks

You are going to have to break down and get a car kit. Your in dash radio has an aux input and that is 90% of the battle.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US. Enjoy the community!!

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Look in your owner's manual for your van. It should tell you how to access the AUX input of your radio. Just connect the Sirius PnP radio to it via the red and white jacks (from how you described it) and select that input.

Not sure if there's a setting for Line Out on your PnP, but make sure that's turned on as well.

Question: Why don't you just use the built in radio that your van has for Sirius?

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Look in your owner's manual for your van. It should tell you how to access the AUX input of your radio. Just connect the Sirius PnP radio to it via the red and white jacks (from how you described it) and select that input.

Not sure if there's a setting for Line Out on your PnP, but make sure that's turned on as well.

Question: Why don't you just use the built in radio that your van has for Sirius?

Ok and thanks for all the replies. After purchasing the unit and buying the lifetime contract, I am strapped for cash. I let the service in the car expire because I never used it enough, I am disabled and don't travel much anymore, but when I do I want to be able to use the portable unit. I don't want to steal service just use it. The player manual has little to no info on doing anything else but how to turn it on,lol. I did call the car dealer and they didn't have a clue how to help. At this point if I could find an old pair of walkman speakers I would be satisfied,lol.

But, correct me if I am wrong, should I be able to run the audio of an audio player thru my car speakers thru the aux with no problems or adjustments?
I will refer to my car manual for info on the aux. And I will post if I am successful as well. I hope I gave enough info, please let me know what you think about my aux question and any other ideas you may have.
Like is there a way to tap into the existing sat antenna in the van?
Thank you all very much.
Dave

Sorry I forgot to ask. Does anyone think that my original sirius hookup is blocking me from using my aux to play ANY audio not just sirius?

Sorry I forgot to ask. Does anyone think that my original sirius hookup is blocking me from using my aux to play ANY audio not just sirius?

Very well could be, you originally said that all you got was Channel 184 when you tried to listen to SIRIUS on your head uniit. That is the default channel and is probably seeing your facory SIRIUS tuner. You could reactivate that account and use your Stiletto as a family plan sub for $7 more per month. This way you have tbe best of both portable and in vehicle worlds.

Very well could be, you originally said that all you got was Channel 184 when you tried to listen to SIRIUS on your head uniit. That is the default channel and is probably seeing your facory SIRIUS tuner. You could reactivate that account and use your Stiletto as a family plan sub for $7 more per month. This way you have tbe best of both portable and in vehicle worlds.

Thanks for your reply, my main goal all along has been to reduce my out of pocket costs on this endeavor,lol. Very graciously, Sirius, upon hearing of my difficulties, worked out a deal where I could obtain a home/car kit at a reduced cost. This goes a long way in building my confidence in their company. I am still going to try and run the audio through my head unit, but I can take my time. I also intend on referring all of my friends to their service.

If anyone has any ideas as to a solution to my original problem they would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any good PC forums please post them here. My new quest is how to transmit my Sirius audio over my laptop with the player installed on my main PC,lol. That way I could just carry my laptop around my home and listen over the wireless network. The internet part of the service doesn't offer all the Sirius channels.
Thank you very much.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)