Need help pointing my Direcway dish!!!

victap

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
SD/TJ Border Region
I have a Direcway Internet dish. I moved my Voom dish and Direcway dish for roof repairs. I did not write down the azimuth nor elevation of the dishes, hoping to get immediate help from both companies (dreaming) I solved the Voom dilemma with help from here. Does anyone know where to point to Direcway dish to? I am in San Diego, next to the Mexican Border. My zip code is 92173.

Is this zip San Ysidro? I think DirecWay is on Galaxy4R so for your city try AZ: 148.8 and EL: 47.4 This should already include the magnetic deviation.

victap said:
Does anyone know where to point to Direcway dish to?
A lot of options on which bird you were commissioned to (SM5, G4R, G3C, G11 just to name a few). If you were using a DW4000 system, the DWAY software will tell you which orbital position you were commissioned on. If you have a DW6000, you will need to go into the modem's setup. (http://192.168.0.1) and click on the last tab.

Once that is determined, you can get a better idea of where to point. However, there is no guarantee you will get the transmit isolation to a level that will make your system operational. Your best bet is to have a DWAY certified installer out to realign it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)