Need help seting up a Twinhandtv Sat 102g

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I got it connected to a dpp 44 sw.. with a 510 and a 942 connected.. the card is on port 1 with power inserter... Port 1 on 44 sw is 119 #2 110 #3 61.5 # 4 121. What values do i need to set it to and what do i need to do to get quality?

For FTA purposes I think you'd be better off to put up a legacy dish to hit 119 For NASA / Angel One. The card isn't going to control the Dish switch.

You'll want a 30" or better dish to really take advantage of FTA stuff.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt. There is zero tolerance of hack talk here.

goaliebob99 said:
and its for FTA purposes only
If you just want to watch the Dish birds, sadly you'll need to collect some more dishes!

61.5 - circular legacy or D* LNB and 18" dish min
110 - circular legacy or D* LNB and 18" dish min
119 - circular legacy or D* LNB and 18" dish min
121 - Ku LNB and a probably a larger dish.

Set up a 4x1 DiSEqC switch and you'll switch dishes on the fly :).

If you don't mind spending a little more a 30"+ motorized dish would switch between the sats and you'll see a WHOLE lot more than what Dish is offering.

Shawn

A DPP 44 sw does both legacy and DP. thats why im useing that sw.. I know that there is no hack talk here. Im just asking for help with my setup. Belive u and me IM the last one to hack dish (after all my bill is over 100 with AEP and VOOM plus HD pak) and the employee discount helps.. (yes I work for ECHOSTAR) soooo Hacking is now out of the picture can some one help me?

Yes.. FTA recievers + DP equipment usually = hacking

But this is not always the case.

The only FTA content on E* birds is NASA and music on 119, and GolTV on 110, everything else is encrypted, and most of the channels have incorrect channel descriptors.. (unless there are 30 HBOEs on 121, which came up on my last blind scan looking for G10R at 123) Since the recievers dont use this data anyways, but the EPG Data channel, it does not matter

I do not believe the DP44 is compatible with legacy stuff (since no other DP stuff is compatible without a DP Adapter), but IIRC, its just a glorified DiSEqC switch

Yes i know what the fta content is... Just wanna c channels as they get uplinked from the house... its apart of my job... And Yes a DPP 44 sw is compatable with legacy equipment... thats why it has a power inserter... and a dp reciver connected to it.. I qualify in both depts being that there is a DPP reciver and a dp reciver connected to ports 2 & 3

goaliebob99 said:
Yes i know what the fta content is... Just wanna c channels as they get uplinked from the house... its apart of my job... And Yes a DPP 44 sw is compatable with legacy equipment... thats why it has a power inserter... and a dp reciver connected to it.. I qualify in both depts being that there is a DPP reciver and a dp reciver connected to ports 2 & 3
Even if it works with Legacy stuff, does it use DiSEqC 1.0/1.1? I doubt it.
You need a DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 switch to be able to switch between dishes with the card.

Shawn

goaliebob99 said:
What do you think dishes switches are? then if it isnt DiSEqc Compatable?
Proprietary? I'm sure functionally it does the same thing (switches between dishes) but the Dish one also acts as the Multiswitch too, right? DiSEqC doesn't do that.

Try it - see what happens :). You are probably in uncharted waters. Isn't that DPP44 a failrly new piece?

Shawn

I don't know for sure, but my best guess is that it isn't going to work with the SuperDish.

The Dish 300 (@61.5, right?) will work connected directly to the reciever for sure.

Shawn

goaliebob99 said:
im just asking what values i need to set as far as frequancy and other stuff for a dbs lnbf and what values for the fss lnbf
It depends on the LNB. I've had pretty good luck with 11.250 for the L.O., Power on and auto tone.

I'm sure it'll work with the Dish 300 - it's the SuperDish that I'd be concerned with.

Shawn

goaliebob99, as far as I'm aware the whole frequency range is stacked coming out of the switch, try 11250 for the LO.
As for the transponder frequencies you're on your own I'm afraid, I don't even have a DBS LNB on my setup so I couldn't tell you.

Try a google search for "stacked LNB frequency list" It may throw up a few results.

Note: Because somebody is asking about Echostar does not automatically mean they're trying to steal programming, instead of publicly accusing them of something you should hit the red triangle in the top left corner of the post, that will alert the moderators who will judge as to whether the post is acceptable or not.

11250 for 110, 119, and 61.5
10750 for the 105 or 121 location on the superdish

I believe that the old legacy switches used standard DiSEqC 1.0 commands for switching, remember this is still DVB stuff.. they have not strayed too far from the standard. If the DP44 will accept this, then great.

What is this about checking uplinks as part of the job? I know several other DN Employees, and thats not part of their job description...

As I said before, the DVB channel descripter data for most of the satellites is incorrect, since the reciever uses the EPG data for this anyways. It would be as useful as seeing another channel show up, with the name of HBOE again (along with the 30 other ones on that same bird)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)