Need Help Setting up a Coolsat 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
can someone help me out. The satellite I am pointed at is Galaxy 26 at 93.0W. I just got a coolsat 6000 to hook up to my dish. The dish I am using is an older primestar with a primestar LNBF. The LNBF has two outputs, one V and one H. I have them running into a DisEqc 2.0 switch.

setting up the coolsat 6000 is where I run into the questions. In the set up page, I need to setup the following and am unsure of what choices to make.
LNB Power = either on or off
LNB type = universal or single or OCS
LNB Frequency = ________
22KHZ = either on or off
DisEqc switch= off or 1.0 or 1.0/1.1 (note I am using a 2.0 that can with the receiver so I dont know what to pick??)
If I chose the 1.0/1.1 switch, then it askes two more;
Comitted: _______
Uncomitted:_______

Can someone help me out! Thanks!!

LNB power...ON
LNB Type....SINGLE
LNB Frequency...see "thelist" for active transponders
22k...OFF
Diseqc switch...match it up with whatever port you have

With the setup you're trying the issue is you would need 2 satellites listed for wach one (one for V and one for H)...best thing to do is get a 2x4 or 3x4 multiswitch...then you can combine V & H polarities into one line

So I should replace the diseqc with a 2X4 multiswitch? The LNB Frequency is what? there are choices like 10.750, 10.500, etc. do I chance that for each channel that I want to receive? Right now, I cannot even get the CBS newsfeeds that you told me about before, nor can I get the university channel.

"So I should replace the diseqc with a 2X4 multiswitch? "
Yes, the Multiswitch would replace the DiSEqC switch

"The LNB Frequency is what? there are choices like 10.750, 10.500, etc. do I chance that for each channel that I want to receive?"
Galaxy 26 @ 97 west
LNB Power - On
LNB Type - Single
LNB L.O. - 10750 (each LNB has it's Freq on it's Label)

Transponder Freq - Look for 11710 (+/- 1, each receiver can vary a little)

Thanks, I did change to a multiswitch. I want to be at 93W and did a blind scan with the coolsat 6000 and discovered that the dish needs a little tweeking. I am currently getting the 95W channels and no 93w channels. Interesting to see Taiwan channels though. Must move the dish a bit.
Thanks again!

Just so you know, Galaxy 26 @ 93 west had some "issues" and does not carry as much as it used to. A lot has moved, what are you looking for?

I just want to use it for a wild feed hockey, during hockey season. Its a college team that I watched last year at 93W. I sent the station manager an email to make sure they will still be on 93w before I do anymore tweeking.

The channel is FSSN, if you look at the list and such, it doesnt appear....its a wild feed (I think thats the right term, only live during games).

Thanks!

The channel is FSSN, if you look at the list and such, it doesnt appear....its a wild feed (I think thats the right term, only live during games).

Thanks!

I wouldnt put my eggs (or should I say hockey pucks) :p in one basket...in 5 years they have been on 3 satellites. When I first got FTA in 03 they were on G3 (with the Chinese stations)...and were there for 03-04 & 04-05 season. Then they moved to IA8/G28 at 89W for 05-06 & 06-07..this past year they were on G26

Since they are a feed they have to rent space like news crews and other sports events do. Since they try to get the same transponder the whole season (for those games) they may change transponder info this year

I would buy an lnbf which has one output (combined V & H signals). You can get nice ones for under $20 and you will have less set up worries and you won't have to worry about switches blowing out. Always take the simplest route. I have the same Coolsat--great little machine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)