Need help setting up a system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mangler88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Nc
Hey everyone. This is my first real venture into satellite installation so I have a few questions.

This is my setup. I have 2 HD recievers and 2 standard definition recievers That I am going to hook up to a dish. so these are the questions I have.

1. Which dish do I need (I think i need to look at the au9-s)

2. Do I need some sort of splitter or amp or something to go with this dish?

3. Does anyone have a full wiring diagram for one of these setups?

Thanks for the help
Austin

Hey everyone. This is my first real venture into satellite installation so I have a few questions.

This is my setup. I have 2 HD recievers and 2 standard definition recievers That I am going to hook up to a dish. so these are the questions I have.

1. Which dish do I need (I think i need to look at the au9-s)

2. Do I need some sort of splitter or amp or something to go with this dish?

3. Does anyone have a full wiring diagram for one of these setups?

Thanks for the help
Austin

You sure you wouldn't be better off having D* set it up ?
It would cost you a whole lot less money as they would supply the equipment.
Btw, depending on what set up you are trying to achive, a AU-9 would work fine.
NO Splitters allowed.
How long is your coax run(s), normally you don't need AMPS.

There are diagrams and video's on some of the Sat equipment sites.

Well my buddy got a lake house and he is wanting to have all of the stuff setup so he can just disconnect his stuff from his house and bring it with him when je gets there and just plug it up. I wouldn't think the coax from the dish would be any longer than 10' max. After that he is wanting to run it to the 4 different recievers he has. What do you mean no splitters allowed? How do we run the coax to the other receievers then?

Thanks
Austin

Well my buddy got a lake house and he is wanting to have all of the stuff setup so he can just disconnect his stuff from his house and bring it with him when je gets there and just plug it up. I wouldn't think the coax from the dish would be any longer than 10' max. After that he is wanting to run it to the 4 different recievers he has. What do you mean no splitters allowed? How do we run the coax to the other receievers then?

Thanks
Austin

IF you get the AU-9 that you mentioned, there is 4 outputs on the LNB and you want to run all 4 lines from the LNB to a Ground Block and then you can run up to 4 different recvrs from that point in, depending on what type of recvrs your using. A DVR requires 2 lines coming into it, if you want to have full capability of it with the set up you want.

Personally I think the set up your using, is the way to go.

OTOH, you could look in the phone book and see if there is anyone local that does that type of thing if it not something you want to get into.

FWIW, IF you ARE gonna do this, I would suggest putting the dish on a pole mount and make sure it's perfectly plumb when you set it up.

Keep us updated with your progress.

As for will D* set it up at a second location ?
I don't know for sure.

Ok now I'm starting to understand this. Will the dish come with a ground block or do I have to order one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts