Need help setting-up receiver & Sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pmow

Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
California, USA
Hi Folks;

I have a 4500 PANSAT Receiver...to someday receive FTA Galaxy 19 @ 97W and maybe one other Satellite. I've already attempted finding the satellite and failed. :confused: Assuming the basics are done correctly...base post is plumb etc....I will attempt to use the DISEqC 1.2 and/or GAAPS
  • Do I need to set the LNB Freq at the reciever for Galaxy 19 @ 97X and does it differ for each satellite...if so where do I get the info.? (I have a invacom quad polar legacy 4 O/P LNB, 10.75/11.25 GHz)
  • Do I need to set the Transponder at the receiver for the Galaxy 19 @ 97X and does it differ for each satellite?
Unfortunately, my Dish is 20 feet in the air and making adjustments are all done on the 28 foot ladder.:rant:

I'm a little frustrated....
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hi Folks;

I have a 4500 PANSAT Receiver...to someday receive FTA Galaxy 19 @ 97W and maybe one other Satellite. I've already attempted finding the satellite and failed. :confused: Assuming the basics are done correctly...base post is plumb etc....I will attempt to use the DISEqC 1.2 and/or GAAPS
  • Do I need to set the LNB Freq at the reciever for Galaxy 19 @ 97X and does it differ for each satellite...if so where do I get the info.? (I have a invacom quad polar legacy 4 O/P LNB, 10.75/11.25 GHz)
  • Do I need to set the Transponder at the receiver for the Galaxy 19 @ 97X and does it differ for each satellite?
Unfortunately, my Dish is 20 feet in the air and making adjustments are all done on the 28 foot ladder.:rant:

I'm a little frustrated....
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Satellite Guys! Sure glad that you decided to join us, it is great here and you will have a lot of fun and you will learn a lot, too.

First off, for your setup, the LNB Frequency has to be set to match the Local Oscillator frequency of the LNBF that is installed on your dish. With your LNBF, to receive the linear FTA channels, you will want to set your LNB FREQ in your menus to 10.750 and connect your cable to the "L" or "Linear" port of the LNBF. The other port, marked "C" is for the circular satellites and that portion of the LNBF uses the 11.250 L.O. frequency (or LNB FREQ).

You will want to stay with the linear side to get the FTA broadcasts. The circular polarity satellites are mostly all encrypted (like Dish Network) and so you won't get much, if anything at all, to view.

After that, you have to set up your desired satellites in the menus so that you are looking for a "HOT" or an "active" transponder. Let's take for example the TP that carries the Al Jazeera news channel on 97.0° W. This transponder (TP) is 12152MHz, Horizontal (H) polarity with a symbol rate (SR) of 20.000 Ks/S.

If this TP is listed in your receivers list already, then you just need to set up your receiver to monitor the signal strength and signal quality from this TP and dial your diah in to peak the signal on this TP. If the TP is not in your list yet, you will need to follow the instructions for your specific receiver to manually add this TP information in and then proceed to aligning your dish.

Play around with this information and if you run into a stumbling block along the way, post another question here and describe in detail where you are at in your progress and what trouble you are having at that point. Someone will surely jump in and assist you.

Have fun and enjoy!

RADAR

P.S. Your dish being on that tal of a mast is going to be trouble for you. You are definitely going to want to be extra cautious and you will certainly want to have your TV or monitor and your receiver out at the pole and set up so that you can monitor your signal levels while you make your dish adjustments. If you can relocate your dish to a lower mast or atop your roof so that you don't have to stand on a ladder to work on it, you would be better off. If this is your only option, then just be extra cautious and take your time.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts