Need help setting up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftajjyohn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Hello,
I am about to receive a CaptiveWorks CW-600S Premium, Universal LNB, 33" Satellite Dish and a SG2100 Motor. I am located in Guelph, Ontario (of Canada) which is at 80.2 degrees W and I'm wondering if I could just line up to my "true south" by setting the motor to one degree east and line up to AMC 5. Will this work? Sorry, this is my first time setting up a motorised system. Thanks for the help!

If I were you, once my pole was perfectly plumb,
1) Set up your motor and dish at recommended angles to start.
2) Point the dish at what you think is true south, and loosely tighten the mast nuts.
3) Set the parameters for AMC5 in the dish setup screen using as a default transponder 12182/H/23000 3/4 . This tp is pretty much always active.
4) Go to the motor control menu, use USALS , enter YOUR latitude and Longitude ( be careful about the East-West North-South settings) , and tell the motor to "go to position". The motor should move slightly.
5) The receiver now "THINKS" that it is pointed at amc5 . Your job is now to adjust the azimuth( east-west) of the whole assembly by just barely moving it one direction or the other, to improve the quality signal, and THEN adjust your dish elevation setting , a little at a time to maximize the quality signal.
This is all much easier with a small TV and receiver out there at the dish with you.
6) Once you have maximized the quality ( and have a nice number there, like 60% maybe) scan the bird and see if you get any channels , you certainly should. Then I'd set up G10R at 123W on the dish setup screen and tell the motor to go to THAT position. If your setup is perfect, you'll get tp 11805 with decent quality. If not , go back to tiny adjustments( sometimes just leaning slightly on the dish , one way or the other will tell you which way to move it.
7) When you are finally done, you should be able to hit all the linear birds in range simply by selecting the satellite, USALS will take you there.

Good Luck

I'm at 80.1 longitude and AMC-5 works wonders. :) I feel bad for people stuck using 85 west as a TSS. There's only 1 active transponder during the college football offseason.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)